Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
23,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Baghdad Investment Commission granted leave create entertainment mall in Kadhimiya cost [40] million dollars
Sunday, August 14 / August 2011 18:18
[Baghdad - where]

Announced Baghdad Investment Authority granted an investment license to a company [Pearl] for construction and general contracting in collaboration with the Ministry of Industry and Minerals to create a business entertaining interview [Mall Kadhimiya], which is the first of its kind in the capital on an area [40000 m 2] at a cost of up to [$ 40] million dollars accomplished through [18] months.

A statement by the General Authority for Investment Agency has received all of Iraq [where] a copy of it on Sunday that "the project consists of buildings Chairperson include four floors with basement where a game room, and Poulenc with a restaurant and cafeterias and cafe lounge and parking in addition to the spaces of Foreign Affairs".

The statement pointed out that "the project is an investment opportunity to contribute to the alleviation of the shortfall to the scarcity of commercial buildings - entertainment in the capital is not a traditional investment projects it is comprehensive for all services provided by the center for tenants is Amari developmental project.

He noted that "the need for many of these buildings and projects have emerged recently after the facilities provided to investors by the authorities concerned of the importance of these projects and their active role in stimulating economic activity for the city and the region in general."

He added that "the project aims to raise the country to the ranks of advanced countries and reverse the cultural and architectural character and provide for the needs of the citizen and the exploitation of space well to be a clear model for the rest of future projects in the country," / Ends - p

·
Registered
5,626 Posts

Won't be commenting on the render lol.

This is from literally a year ago so they should be like half way through construction by now..

EDIT: Construction started Oct 12 2011 according to their website... it's a mall and a hotel.

·
Bettengann
1,093 Posts

^^ is that what u wanted to post

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
yes. this is another of those horrendous multi-coloured aluminium cladded monstrosities... to ruin a historical part of baghdad.

nice

·
Registered
588 Posts
You've gotta be shittin me! Dafuq is this?! A Mall or a Mosque? Shittiest design everrrr! I hate it just as much as I hate Al-Zawraa studium's design. D:
Iraq is turning to shit! Learn from Dubai goddammit! This government is just unbelievable! Iraqis have got to do something about it! Or this crap's gonna takeover. CRAP!

·
عراقي
7,398 Posts
I don't think this will be the final design of the mall. It's like mansoor mall, the design looked hideous at first, then it turns out the building looks completely different to the renders.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
This, this irritates me a lot. Why do they need to use Islamic symbols in a MALL? Why do they have to use Thulfeqar sword on the entry door? They're so fucking stupid, it makes me sad to see projects like this being accepted. There is no hope for Iraq with projects like this.

Is it a mall or sword fighting arena? - Is what a foreign person would say.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts