SkyscraperCity Forum banner

BAGHDAD | Mansoor Mall | COMPLETE

133K views 817 replies 57 participants last post by  mohammed ghani 
#1 ·

Construction reached 25% according to: http://www.mayoralty-baghdad.com/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=242

More info:

Mall consists of four floors and tower with ten floors, an area of 12000 square meters, with a total building 35,000 square meters

The mall is equipped with all services in terms of escalators and elevators for people and services, and contains of ..

Fashion of women, men, kids and sports, exchange and transfer money, shops of jewellery, restaurants and cafeterias, hall children's games, cinemas, shops of global perfumes, shops selling computers and mobile phones, foodstuffs shops, home and office furnitures. As the include modern system of control and protection, central air conditioning

Pictures:

See less See more
#6 ·
U.A.E firm to invest in al-Mansoor mall

U.A.E firm to invest in al-Mansoor mall

July 22, 2009 - 11:11:57

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: The Iraqi Trade Ministry has selected a firm based in the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E) as the best offer among other 11 proposals to invest in al-Mansoor mall in Baghdad, the Ministry’s undersecretary said in a release Wednesday.

“The company will use 55 percent of the mall’s current staff,” Sweba Zangana said in the release received by Aswat al-Iraq news agency.

“The mall should be receiving customers within one year after permission is granted to the U.A.E. firm,” she said.

Zanagana pointed out that the step comes as part of the Ministry’s plan to grant permissions to invest shopping malls.

MH (P)/SR

#8 ·
Iam going to Iraq in February, I can take pictures, actualy I will opne a thread where I will have comments from everyone on where I should go.

I will be staying in Erbil, Baghdad and Karbala.

#9 ·
i think the "trade ministry" article refers to the old "aswaq markaziya" in mansour that were bombed in 2003, and not to this turkish-built "private investment" mall. two separate things.

#14 ·
Bro thats awesome, if you get a chance, just take pictures of stuff lol, like anything that looks nice or interesting, very excited for you, I'm counting the days when I go

#20 ·
just a word of warning.

whilst in Karbala and Najaf its safe to take pics in most places. The same is not true for Baghdad. Soldiers and police take a dim view of people photographing on the streets of baghdad so if in doubt ask the nearest policeman or soldier for permission.

#23 ·
Hi guys, i'm am now in Baghdad.
I went to the site of the mall, it's located on Al Rawad Street. It's under construction and they are working. I asked the police if i could take pics, but it was not allowed. i could only make pics from a distance. I will come Sunday evening and i will post the pics in a thread, but i have a question how can i post the pics in a thread? The pics are now in 'My Documents', do i have to upload them to flickr or something? Or can i post the pics from My Documents to a thread?

Greetz from Baghdad:D

#24 ·
HELOO MAKAAY :D how u doin ... hows our home Baghdad .. i heard tht its raining now :) .. i hope its rlly good nd ur doing great !
Thnk God that theyr really working in it , and i hope u saw other projects also :)

nd abt the pics u can upload them to FB or flickr or any uploading site :)
we r looking forward for ur pix and news about Baghdad :)

#25 ·
^^ Thats alright, some photo's are better than none, but you are going to have to upload them to any photo sharing website like flickr or photobucket, i use imageshack which is just as good.

#34 ·
It's 12000 metres squared..... that's like the size of my backyard. :D

Nothing really to look forward to.. just another one of the TINY malls in Baghdad they for some reason INSIST on building!

Good malls are +100,000 metres squared..... a decent mall would be 50,000 metres squared.. a semi-decent mall would be 25,000 metres squared.. that should be like the MINIMUM for a mall. Anything less than that is terrible.

Ahhh.. whatever...... allah kareem, just have patience Chounz.... all in good time. :p

I'm just frustrated at how slow progress is... and when it does come, it doesn't seem to be good enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.