Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some baghdad pics. Let me know what you think about the city. Thanks. The pics arent made by me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some extra pics.

>>Baghdad Airport. (Former Saddam airport)

>>Residential building

>>Baghdad "CBD"

That's all.

·
Registered
924 Posts
looks horrible a hell.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looks like a city made out of sand and dust... I thought the traffic around that circle looked funny though. :) I'm sure it's better than what the pictures show.

·
Musharraf Ka Danda!
10,199 Posts
Its not that bad dude i dont know why everybody has to be negative towards the city just because a asshole like saddam ruled it for a while!

Its decent but boring and dull

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
"Baghdad"? More like "Baghdad BEFORE the American government blew it to pieces".... Looks like it has tons of potential. It just angers me to think of its condition because of what the Western World has done to it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I find it strangely beautiful... some similarities with Cairo. Its dusty but the color of the buildings and the environment... it just seems beautiful especially in the pictures in hte middle of the first post.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Xander said:
looks horrible a hell.
It's not.
I was there in september 2000 during a journey for promote the friendship between french and iraqi people (not the friendship between french and the malicious man with a moustache , i specify ) the first thing which came to my eyes was the light. Baghdad irradiated a completely incredible light but you can't see it on the pics i think. The new city ( the district of the ministeries much seen on the pics ) is really clean and well planned with some ambitious buildings as well as modern apartments with a comfort equal to the average parisian flats. However i couldnt see the suburbs since that was not in the program of our guides.

i feel something special with baghdad but its maybe because i visited it (not as much as i wanted ) during a feverish period.
to finish , even if its not the subject , people are very accessible and nice.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Wow...just on Sunday I was watching a show about Baghdad, and I was intrested to see more pictures of it. Thanks! It looks very monotone to me. But, there's just something about it...

181 Posts
once the country gets back on top i think Baghdad will be another Dubai or Riyhad i reacon a rich growing city back on its legs again.

·
Registered
139 Posts

This image made me laugh, I'd hate to try and negotiate that circle. :)
Overall, very nice city, it's kinda sprawly, but it fits the landscape well.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts