SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 364 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i thought it would be nice to start a skyline photo thread. it will be interesting to have a comparison during the next two to five years. I’ll start is off, please feel free to add more pics. :)

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Beautiful - Advancing !

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Freakin sweet man, this is just what I wanted to see really. Keep it comin, seriously.

You know what I want to see, a view of manama from sitra bridge, should be great now with the sea and the towers in the backdrop.

Y36eek il 3fyah :).

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Thanks Pearl of the Gulf for the fabulous pics. I love those four tall buildings. They are sooooo beautiful to see. I am sure seeing them in person is even better.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys for your comments, i’m glad you like them. i’m starting to enjoy photography but my equipment is really failing me;
5.1 megapixels with 3x optical zoom just doesn’t cut it any more. hopefully i’ll getting much better gear very soon.

Pish-REZ-pash said:
is there a wallpaper-size version of these pics?
coming soon.. :)

finally i leave you with this panorama i took. from muharraq bridge all the way to the ritz.(6 still images joined using a program)

scroll to the right ==>

·
Registered
701 Posts
Thanks nadini for sharing photos with us :)

Guys Ive always wondered why Zamil Tower(94m) Looks so much shorter than NBB(101m) when it is only meant to be 7 m shorter!! I know the photos dont show towers in real proportion but I wonder if Trust insurance(98m) will be about as tall as NBB when finished, unlike Zamil! :bash:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^ it might be because zamil tower is deeper in the souq than nbb.

thanks nadini for the photos. :)
guys notice the building in the far right of the last photo (the ones nadini posted)
that’s the monster tower next to novotel, its really huge!!

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I know what building you're talking about pearl, it's around 16 stories high but really wide.

I was wondering, you see in the big pano you posted (the 6 stiched pics), what's that tall building u/c next to lulu mall, tareq almoayyed tower i.e. suq markezi area??

Is it al hassawi tower (west gate towers)???

5 more years and that skyline will be fantastic.

And ya, thanx nadini, great to have you postin with us :).

Keep up the good work guys.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
panamaboy9016 said:
Pretty modern to be from there. I give it a 7/10 if I ranked it...
Thanks for passin by :). I tell you it's modern. I think your score is fair for now, in a few years time, we can be looking at a 9 if all goes to plan.

I have a great idea boys but it'll need some effort. You know pearl your pano, the 6 pics one, imagine if you can stretch it to include juffair and were the novotel is. That'll be the ultimate bahrain pano. Anyways at the moment, yours is king by far :).

And to explain why NBB looks taller than al zamil, it's because to the tip of the spire (where the flag is), it's 140 m, that's the full height of it.

1 - 20 of 364 Posts