SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 2137 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bahria Town Karachi

A Master-Planned Community with World-Class Infrastructure and Facilities

After the remarkable success of its projects in Rawalpindi, Islamabad and Karachi, Bahria Town presents a world class master planned community in Karachi.

Equipped with world class infrastructure, best facilities and Bahria Town’s lifestyle features, this project will not only be modern and better as compared to other projects in the city but will also introduce new benchmarks in community development.

At the project launch, the booking will be on an installment plan.

The project is being designed in collaboration with the finest local & international consultants and architects.

^^
Promotional Adhttp://vimeo.com/75090709

Project features:-
• International Standard Construction
• Hospital, School, Mosque and Parks
• Commercial Areas and Sports Facilities
• Hotel, Mini Golf, Restaurants and Shopping Areas
• Modern Infrastructure
• State-of-the-art Security and Maintenance
• 100% Backup Power (No Load- Shedding)

2 Rooms Low Cost Houses on Easy Installments for the Underprivileged.

Project Type: Master-planned community

Registration Open: Residential, commercial plots, apartments & fully constructed houses

Last date for Registration is 4th October, 2013
For registeration, visit this official site:http://bahriatown.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=404&Itemid=103

Bahria Town's ad as shown in newspaper(left side, courtesy-Faizanutd):-
By faizanutd
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ps: The Bahria Town authorities hav still not unveiled the site-location of the project. Its possiblee it may lie in the outskirts of Super Highway. So keep an eye for the news :)

·
SSC Addict
141 Posts
Bahria Town Location

Dear All,

This is Syed Saad, i am new as a poster and contributer at SSC forums but following from more than 5 years.... So finally made my mind to register and talk to you guys about construction, although its not my profession but am always curious about the infrastructure and development in Pakistan, even when am abroad....

Getting back to the topic, i have one source that confirms that AKD is likely to back off from Naya Nazimabad and Malik Riyaz has keen interest in the project now. the employees at JCL (Javedan Corporation Limited) that is constructing Naya Nazimabad; are already informed with the probable acquisition.

BT will never construct outside the city because it will take 20-30 years to get populated on super highway/national highway/MDA/Taesar Town/Hawksbay Scheme 32 and the property value, neighbourhood social class is lower-lower.

The main challange BT will face is the commuting Naya Nazimabad (BTK) is challenging and Dangerous because of millitant wings of political parties on the way to NN. The site is huge and it may be the biggest real state colonization in Pakistan (as i percieve) https://www.google.com/search?num=1...a=X&ei=Duw_Ur3dDsLf4QTO24HoAg&ved=0CCsQvwUoAA

·
Registered
12,102 Posts
@SyedSaad. Welcome to Mehfil Pakistan/SSC and thanks for posting that information.

So Naya Nazimabad is going to be converted to Bahria Town? Interesting. Looking at a map it's located on the other side of Kati Pahari and is surrounded by slums, with Orangi on one side. Basically it's in Mongopir. Not exactly an ideal location for Bahria Town. maybe that's why AKD is pulling out of the project.

In Pindi and Lahore Bahria Town competes with DHA, but no one from DHA is going to move to Mongopir. I was hoping that they'll be developing Bundle Island.

·
SSC Addict
141 Posts
Taking over bundle island is not an option for any property developer, luckily all mangroves and surrounding islands are on stay order by Sindh high court. This is a positive step to preserve the nature....

Also AKD is investing time and money on The Arkadians. But the info on AKD backing off is not confirmed but BT will sooner advertise NN as its project just like BT Tower, Tariq Road

·
Registered
12,102 Posts
I found some information on the BT-Naya Nazimabad deal.

Bahria Town-JCL deal in the air?

Wednesday, May 08, 2013

KARACHI: Bahria Town (Pvt) Ltd. has entered into exclusive negotiations to acquire controlling interest in Javedan Corporation Limited (JCL), the owners of Naya Nazimabad, stated a notice issued by the JCL to the Karachi Stock Exchange. If the deal goes through, say analysts, it will be the largest acquisition in the country’s real estate sector.

The consortium of sponsors/shareholders of JCL who have entered into the talks comprise Arif Habib Equity, Arif Habib Ltd, Aqeel Karim Dhedhi, Haji Ghani Usman, Shunaid Qureshi, Iqbal Usman, Mohammad Ayub Yunus Adhi and Summit Bank. Sources say the acquisition pertains to 75 percent of JCL stakes. The negotiations are said to represent Malik Riaz’s latest bid to enter Karachi’s real estate market.

JCL (formerly Javedan Cement Ltd) ceased its cement business in July 1, 2010 and the management has developed a business diversification strategy to utilize the company’s land for developing the Naya Nazimabad Housing Scheme.

Ahsan Mehanti of Arif Habib Corp said Bahria Town had expressed its intention to acquire JCL’S controlling interests; however, it was still negotiating and there had been no discussion regarding the share price so far.

Mehanti added that almost 20 percent of the JCL shares were with the public, free-float, while the shareholders mentioned above possessed over 75 percent shareholding in the company.

Sources said the sponsors of Naya Nazimabad were willing to sell their stakes if they were offered a satisfactory price, which Bahria Town had the capacity to pay.

They added that this might be a simple acquisition or merger as there were chances that JCL’s sponsors might get their shareholding in Bahria Town in lieu of their stakes in the JCL.

A decision will be made by Javedan Corporation in the shareholders’ meeting. If the majority shareholders with voting rights agreed to the proposal, the deal will proceed.

However, Colonel Khalil, who is associated with the Bahria Town, said that he was not aware of any such development. “I am not sure about this. I don’t think that Bahria Town would be interested in Naya Nazimabad or Javedan Corporation,” he added.

Another Bahria Town spokesman said on the condition of not being named this was an old matter as a deal could not be matured because they were demanding much money.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-13-22733-Bahria-Town-JCL-deal-in-the-air

·
SSC Addict
141 Posts
The nusrat bhutto colony is the main problem, the road is very narrow and area is densely populated. Plus neighborhood is politically affiliated for ethnic group so many times it is blocked due to protest and burning vehicles. Javedan cement factory is included in the project also.

·
Registered
12,102 Posts
Wikimapia has an exact outline of Naya Nazimabad.

The green line is the border between regulated areas of the city and slums that are built randomly. Naya Nazimabad is on the wrong side of the border. In normal times it may be okay but when there's political tension that area could get cut off. The area to the left of Manghopir Lake is Orangi Town, known as Asia's biggest slum.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Taking over bundle island is not an option for any property developer, luckily all mangroves and surrounding islands are on stay order by Sindh high court. This is a positive step to preserve the nature....

Bundle island must be converted into mangrov forest along with other 12-15 creeks lined up with it

·
102 Posts
They could expand into all that empty land next to it, but some of it may be hills. I'm not sure.
They are reclaiming the manghopir lake, it belongs to them i think, The lake is useless since its a drainage stagnant water (lake created by drainage disposal of orangi slum.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Isn't it a legal issue to charge people for registration when they are not even telling the exact location? I mean we have been hearing rumors about Naya Nazimabad being the location we don't know for sure yet and Bahria Town has not made an official statement.

1 - 20 of 2137 Posts