SkyscraperCity banner

921 - 940 of 979 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts

“Khazar İslands” project arouses great interest in USA

"Khazar Islands" project of "Avesta" Company was presented within Miami Construction and Architecture Week, organized by the American Institute of Architects, the governor of the state of Florida and “Green Point International”.

According to the press service of the Company, as a result several companies expressed their intention to cooperate with “Avesta” and signed an intent protocol on future cooperation.

Actively participating in Miami Construction and Architecture Week, the delegation led by the president of “Avesta” Company Haji Ibrahim Nehramli held talks on involving the US capital to Azerbaijan.

American investors said they were interested in investing in Azerbaijan and it might be a better idea of cooperation within “Khazar Islands” project.

The meeting with the Miami-Dade County Commissioner Jose "Pepe" Diaz widely reported about the project. Mr. Jose "Pepe" Diaz said he will visit Azerbaijan to see this city on the Caspian Sea. In turn, Mr. Haji Nehramli expressed hope in further development of the relations between the two countries and peoples.

© Content from this site must be hyperlinked when used.

http://azertag.az/en/xeber/819209

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #924 ·
^^ same here, but that can only happen when they let an architectural studio create a new design that is similar to this one i guess.

·
The AlphaWolf of the Pack
1,748 Posts
According to Wikipedia it will begin this year, but I'm not sure if that's true

·
Rooftop Shooter
1,003 Posts
it can not begin work until 2 or 3 years , look at the photos, they already create artificial islands

pics = http://remy59660.free.fr/azerbaijan tower.htm

They've created most of the artificial islands, just not where the Azerbaijan Tower will be. The very last picture on that page you linked, even shows that. That information seems to be from towards the end of 2014, so much more land may have been created by now. Google Earth hasn't been updated in that area in quite some time(August 2014) so who knows how far along they are. If the main tower will still be built, I expect it to be started towards the end of their projection date, or 2018.

·
Registered
84 Posts
but to build the rest of artificial islands, is a long time ! from August 2014 to today is only 6 months too short to have a grossse improvement. no member of the forum who live in Baku for photos?

·
Super Moderator
11,289 Posts
Oh I love Khazar Islands development! I do believe this tower will be built, since it is the promised landmark that will put these islands on the world map!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
as my sight about azerbeijan economic its not too boostling, compare to other country that have super tower was apropriate with their economic boost, I am not quite sure it affordable to build, just my opinion because I am not azerbeijan people and dont know High rise demand over there,,,actually Azerbeijan have main export their product to my country

·
The Picture Guy
612 Posts
Every time I look at the rendering, I just don't feel that this tower looks to be over 1000m tall. I know it is 1050m, but somehow it look even shorter than Burj Khalifa at 828m. Does anyone else feel the same way?

921 - 940 of 979 Posts