Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Balatonfüred is a popular resort town in Veszprém county, in Hungary with a population of thirteen thousand, situated on the north shore of Lake Balaton. It is considered to be the capital of the Northern lake shore and it has significant yachting life. The temperature of the water is above 20 degrees Celsius from May to September.

·
14,984 Posts
Sorry guys, to me it seems like one huge kitsch. Although, I'm sure there is many people who don't have any taste for architecture and who like it. Especially the developer. :eek:hno:

·
bohemian from Hungary
1,694 Posts
I know there is a greek village (not a fake one) somewhere nearby with similar architecture.

-Ataman
Beloiannisz (Fejér County)?
The village of Beloiannisz was built in 1950 by the political refugees of the Greek civil war. Today about 300 Greeks live in Beloiannisz.

·
Regisztrált felhasználó
2,101 Posts
I think this Greek-style village in Balatonfüred has been the worst idea of the past decade. It is totally alien to the region, something traditional should have been built, which fits in the landscape of the Balaton highlands. I hoped it would not be finished but now it is so no hope for its disappearing...
But you don't have to go there if you don't like it, Balatonfüred has a lot of good places to have a glass (or two) of wine. If you prefer fake-greek restaurants and chinese gadgets, the Greek Village is the place for you :D

·
Registered
439 Posts
I would suggest the next projects Füredi for an investor:
some pagodas in Badacsony, an Indian village on Keszthely, Mongolian yurts beside Fonyód, Eskimo houses from ice, with air kilter on an Földvár and on Copacabana Siófok.
This is the Hungarian sea!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts