Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,613 Posts
Nice, I love that huge catherdral just to the north of town, will have to check it out closer on my next Melbourne visit.

·
Lord Melbourne
4,257 Posts
They fly better and longer in the cold air.

They used to land at goshes paddock next to punt road, watched them landing while waiting for the bus, sometimes having close calls with trees and streetlights.

My dad used to be an air traffic controller out of melbourne airport, one night during shift work he was telling a baloon guy the weather and if any flights would come near him, where he'd probably land and all that. Anyway he took that call at around 5:40am, he knocked off at 6am and went down to elsternwick to play a few rounds of golf in the morning while no one else was playing.
he was on one of the holes and this baloon crashes down onto the course, he goes upto the guy inside and asks if he's alright. Turns out it was the same guy he talked to a couple of hours before. The wind changed and he went off course and landed on the golf club. amazing.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Melbourne seems to have a lot of balooning during the winter. Does anyone know why that is, if there is any reason?
There are a number of calm still morings when we have close to zero temps and no cloud cover.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
BTW sensational shots as good as any Ive seen of the old girl.:cheers:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yeah, they're awesome. I especially like the fourth one. Do you have the user pages of the flickr users to whom they belong?

·
Registered Abuser
2,904 Posts
Melbourne = Dancing Banana :banana:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts