SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While heading to the Baltimore Waterfront Festival last night, I stopped to take a few pics of the goings-ons in Charles Village and Station North. Hope you enjoy.

Charles Village

This whole block is on its last leg. Only a matter of weeks before this building and these rowhomes are demolished to make room for a 10-story condo building.

Station North Arts District

Construction at the Station North Townhomes

Printers Mill Apartments/Firehouse adaptive-reuse

·
Registered
782 Posts
Those are very nice photographs waj. That area around Hopkins is developing quite a skyline of 10 to 20 story buildings. There must be about 20 of them there now counting the ones on University Parkway, Charles, St. Paul, and Calvert Streets. It's a nice alternative to downtown. When the highrises at the Rotunda get constructed, the number will increase again!

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
wada_guy said:
Those are very nice photographs waj. That area around Hopkins is developing quite a skyline of 10 to 20 story buildings. There must be about 20 of them there now counting the ones on University Parkway, Charles, St. Paul, and Calvert Streets. It's a nice alternative to downtown. When the highrises at the Rotunda get constructed, the number will increase again!
This is an underated area of the city, at least if you read the usual descriptions of the city, which pretty much ignore it. All of the attention is paid to downtown and waterfront areas, but the area around and north of Hopkins is a really nice place to live. It's less congested, you can find supermarkets and you're only a few minutes from downtown. I guess lt lacks attention because it has never been deteriorated and therefor hasn't been re-habbed. I like the buildings that are on the way here and, once they're done, they will add a Barnes and Noble superstore for both civilians and the university, restaurants, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts