SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
It would be nice to see this entire area built-up as proposed; it would also add another reason for future infill between Canton and Harbor East/Harbor Point and the rest of downtown.

·
Registered
623 Posts
When Ed Hale owned the bank, weren't there plans to remove those surrounding tanks?

Are they currently in use? They definitely don't 'fit' into these proposals and what does that blue warehouse down Clinton Street symbolize?

·
Brian
2,444 Posts
When Ed Hale owned the bank, weren't there plans to remove those surrounding tanks?

Are they currently in use? They definitely don't 'fit' into these proposals and what does that blue warehouse down Clinton Street symbolize?
I don't think the blue warehouse is part of the project. If you look at google maps its just the color of the roof.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I wouldn't mind something topping that building and replacing those tanks.

This area could be something like the gateway to Baltimore, sort of, from the northeast.

This area will leave an impression on those traveling southbound that bypass downtown via the Harbor Tunnel (I-895) or are just passing through via the Ft. McHenry tunnel (I-95), who may decide that this would be a nice place to live or to set-up shop.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I actually think that whole Canton waterfront area hasn't been planned out very well. Canton Waterfront park is so nice but I wish it would be drastically expanded to encompass a much larger area. You could have wrapped it around the promenade there and created a world class park on the water, though I guess Hale owning a bunch of that land would have made that near impossible.

I would have also liked to have seen Canton Crossing be more of a mixed use/more dense development. In a perfect world, all of the waterfront land through there could have been a park and then you could have had dense development set back on Boston Street.

Sometimes I wonder if Harborplace and the WTC shouldn't all be torn down and replaced by a park with all that retail heading to Pratt and Light Streets.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
...well, if they could build the Empire State Building in a year...you never know! Not in this day and age, though. Buildings, like cars, are more complex now.^^

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
...well, if they could build the Empire State Building in a year...you never know! Not in this day and age, though. Buildings, like cars, are more complex now.^^
Supposedly at peak crank out the Empire State Building was adding a floor every day and a half which is absurd by today standards

Baring the Merritt building they won't start building until they have lease which probably won't take long given what's in the immediate surrounding area

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.