1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Presenting four Baltimore events from the last month:
1. Waterfront Festival, 29th April
2. Flowermart, 6th May
3. Preakness Celebration Parade, 13th May
4. Preakness Celebration Balloons and Fireworks, 19th May

1. Waterfront Festival, 29th April
The Waterfront Festival took place when the Volvo Ocean Race was in town. Unfortunately I didn't go at the right time to see many yachts, but the Inner Harbor was crowded, and the weather was beautiful, so I snapped the following shots.

2. Flowermart, 6th May
Flowermart, a near-Century old tradition that I had never heard of until my fifth year in Baltimore. It seems to have grown to have more arts and crafts vendors than flowers, along with MTA and Live Baltimore booths. Beautiful weather, friendly people, the great architecture (I'll make a separate thread) of Mount Vernon Place and the chance to go up the Washington Monument made for a great day out.

3. Preakness Celebration Parade, 13th May

4. Preakness Celebration Balloons and Fireworks, 19th May

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Great pics.

Everytime I see pics of the parade on the Westside, I brace for the worst. Either you (and Wada) were very selective in the shots you take in that neighborhood or those properties really arent that bad and just need people living and working in them. I really think this area will be wonderful when Westside development goes further north Howard and Eutaw.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Great photo spread. Baltimore really is a magnet for people. We walked down to watch the baloons and fireworks. sat up top on federal hill. But the baby was very tired and we needed to go home before they went off. Fun night though.

·
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jeffbaltimore said:
Great photo spread. Baltimore really is a magnet for people. We walked down to watch the baloons and fireworks. sat up top on federal hill. But the baby was very tired and we needed to go home before they went off. Fun night though.
I just missed you then! I was still down by the water when the fireworks started (I had no idea they were planned so were a complete surprise). There were a bunch of people at the top of Federal Hill with tripods; I did wonder if any were forumers. My two-year-old loves the city now but I left both kids home with their mommy on Friday because it was past bedtime!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts