SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 2155 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
One quick note: A good portion of the glass distortion in photo 2 will only occur during erection. Normally the glass is allowed to move freely in the button fixing to reduce internal stresses under loading conditions. However, during construction, the glass is temporarily locked so that the wet silicone seal can be applied at the theorhetical design location. Once the silicone is applied and cured, the glass will be unlocked and most of the distortion will go away. Of course, it will never be perfectly flat.

·
Iron horse rider dlx
4,278 Posts
Chicago Hokie said:
One quick note: A good portion of the glass distortion in photo 2 will only occur during erection. Normally the glass is allowed to move freely in the button fixing to reduce internal stresses under loading conditions. However, during construction, the glass is temporarily locked so that the wet silicone seal can be applied at the theorhetical design location. Once the silicone is applied and cured, the glass will be unlocked and most of the distortion will go away. Of course, it will never be perfectly flat.
I didn't know that.. was wondering why it was looking like it did. Thanks for the info man!

·
Registered
579 Posts
satit28 said:
cant get enough................
this airport is such an icon...............
LOL... it's not even open yet!!! :) :) :) :) :)

I too can't wait for this one to open, I think it'll give Hong Kong a run for its money.

Could I humbly request that no one else post photos from Suvarnabhumi's website here, perhaps just post links instead? I don't know how well they load for everyone else, but for me they're EXTREMELY slow. Thanks! :cheers: :cheers:

·
Rukpong
4,406 Posts
/\.....................

even though it's not open im still excited...........
i love seeing the progress of the project..............
i've been follwing the progress since there was nothing............

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Those conceptual designs seem a bit dfferent from now.
I like them. Though the present design is also great one.

·
POUND THE ALARM!!!
397 Posts
Is the airport a modification of Scheme "A"?

·
Serving the Country
969 Posts
constraction completion: october 2005
testing etc... october 2005 to march 2006
commercial operation: March 2006

1 - 20 of 2155 Posts