Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1978 Posts

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New thread for Bangladesh Aviation has been created. Please continue here and not on the previous (old) ones. Thanks.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Some breaking sad aviation news

An Malaysian passenger airliner (B773) flight MH17, from Amsterdam to Kuala lumpur has been shot down by an missile over Ukraine. 295 people are thought to have lost their lives. May Allah bless their souls.

Source TV. Interfax and Russian news agency.

This incident IMO could have big implications.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

An Malaysian passenger airliner (B773) flight MH17, from Amsterdam to Kuala lumpur has been shot down by an missile over Ukraine. 295 people are thought to have lost their lives. May Allah bless their souls.

Gotta avoid overflying northeastern Europe.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Gotta avoid overflying northeastern Europe.
Especially over Ukraine, recently military transport planes have also been shot down.....The current Biman flight path to LHR takes it directly over conflict zone i,e Kiev and Donetsk. This was planned IMO, With some sort of false flag in mind.
You also go to feel for Malaysian airline with the disappearance and today incident.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Especially over Ukraine, recently military transport planes have also been shot down.....The current Biman flight path to LHR takes it directly over conflict zone i,e Kiev and Donetsk. This was planned IMO, With some sort of false flag in mind.
You also go to feel for Malaysian airline with the disappearance and today incident.
FAA issued NOTAM to US carriers to avoid overflying that conflict zone. Many European airlines also did the same. It's time others did the same.

While it's been a series of unfortunate events for MH, I'm sure many people are now going avoid using the airline.

·
Imran Asif
2,213 Posts
FAA issued NOTAM to US carriers to avoid overflying that conflict zone. Many European airlines also did the same. It's time others did the same.

While it's been a series of unfortunate events for MH, I'm sure many people are now going avoid using the airline.
Soon after the breaking news came on, I sent a message to the Director, Flight Safety & Regulations at the CAAB requesting his office to issue a warning as Biman also possibly uses this airspace on its flights to/from London and maybe for the flights to Frankfurt/Rome as well. He promptly replied saying that it was done. I'm sure all other authorities and airlines would now react the same way, but it's quite a large area to avoid that'd possibly extend trip lengths for many flights.

May all the departed souls aboard MH17 rest in peace. Amen.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts

Correction: B777-200ER (B772)

·
Shakil Maruf
2,676 Posts
I am so shocked at this news. My heart goes out to the families of the deceased. May Allah give them mercy. What a tragic year it has been for MH, one of my favorite airlines.

Russia really needs to do something about these rebels otherwise the international community will totally ostracize the country

·
Shakil Maruf
2,676 Posts
Soon after the breaking news came on, I sent a message to the Director, Flight Safety & Regulations at the CAAB requesting his office to issue a warning as Biman also possibly uses this airspace on its flights to/from London and maybe for the flights to Frankfurt/Rome as well. He promptly replied saying that it was done. I'm sure all other authorities and airlines would now react the same way, but it's quite a large area to avoid that'd possibly extend trip lengths for many flights.

That was very thoughtful of you. I checked flightradar and noticed airlines avoiding that region. Not sure why ICAO didn't already declare that war zone a no fly area. For now westbound flights can take a southerly route over the Black Sea and into Romania, avoiding all of Ukraine.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
What I am wondering is, WHY is MH being affected like this?? First MH370, now this? are these all some coincidences or is something really fishy going on?
Apparently an SQ B77W and AI B787 was flying only around 25 km radius from the shot-down MH aircraft. :(

·
Registered
79 Posts
What I am wondering is, WHY is MH being affected like this?? First MH370, now this? are these all some coincidences or is something really fishy going on?
Coincidences coupled with bad luck! But could be other way round. These days it's hard to believe whatever they tell u on the telly or you read on the internet.

Political and personal agendas might be at play in the background which average Joes like us may be completely oblivious to.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Correction: B777-200ER (B772)
Nevertheless the pain and anguish isn't diminished. Since you mention numbers there were 154 Dutch pax, 27 Australians and than smaller numbers other nationalities. About 16 or so malaysians. So in this sense this is a Dutch tragedy... This flight no was MH17, todays date is 17th of the 7th month. Make of it what you will.

·
Imran Asif
2,213 Posts
That was very thoughtful of you. I checked flightradar and noticed airlines avoiding that region. Not sure why ICAO didn't already declare that war zone a no fly area. For now westbound flights can take a southerly route over the Black Sea and into Romania, avoiding all of Ukraine.
This is the flight track history of BG17 on 12 July, 2014

The flight actually goes right through Ukraine...on a very similar track as that of MH17. Now BG will have to take a detour that could add up an hour or so to this track.

God bless!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Terrible news! I think it could have been any airlines. MAS flight was at the wrong place at the wrong time. But the bigger question now is will the outcome of the investigation be different from the other tragedy MAS encountered not long ago? Successful investigation can lead to improved safety among other positive outcome. Russia is a major power and has a history of political issues with the west. There are reports that the black box of the plane has been found and sent to Moscow. If true, what kind of implication will that have on the investigation? It will be a touchy issue because it is almost a fact that Russian made missile brought it down. Whoever is found guilty of causing this tragedy will surely pay a hefty price, not just in terms of financial penalty.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Terrible news! I think it could have been any airlines. MAS flight was at the wrong place at the wrong time. But the bigger question now is will the outcome of the investigation be different from the other tragedy MAS encountered not long ago? Successful investigation can lead to improved safety among other positive outcome. Russia is a major power and has a history of political issues with the west. There are reports that the black box of the plane has been found and sent to Moscow. If true, what kind of implication will that have on the investigation? It will be a touchy issue because it is almost a fact that Russian made missile brought it down. Whoever is found guilty of causing this tragedy will surely pay a hefty price, not just in terms of financial penalty.
Russia is already under some economic sanctions by the US and some west European countries. So, I don't what more can can they do. As for catching the supposed perpetrators, good luck with that, apprehending people from the war zone is going to be a tall order. Moreover, who, which country is going to do that? While it is a terrible tragedy, powers that be, don't appear to be really worked up about civilian airliners brought down by military gunfire.

Since the downing of KE007 by USSR, the US mounted a huge anti-Soviet propaganda campaign, only to become an equally guilty party some decade later. Is anybody here aware of the fact that the Israelis shot down an Libyan Airlines 727, back in 1972? Probably not, I stumbled upon that information while researching on the topic.

·
Eternal Dream
759 Posts
i am hearing from various people that the Putins IL-96 took a similar route around a similar time as the MH flight.

“I can say that Putin’s plane and the Malaysian Boeing intersected at the same point and the same echelon. That was close to Warsaw on 330-m echelon at the height of 10,100 meters. The presidential jet was there at 16:21 Moscow time and the Malaysian aircraft - 15:44 Moscow time,” a source told the news agency on condition of anonymity.

"The contours of the aircrafts are similar, linear dimensions are also very similar, as for the coloring, at a quite remote distance they are almost identical", the source added.

if this is true, whoever responsible for it might be paying a heavy price for this

·
Registered
793 Posts
Russia is already under some economic sanctions by the US and some west European countries. So, I don't what more can can they do. As for catching the supposed perpetrators, good luck with that, apprehending people from the war zone is going to be a tall order. Moreover, who, which country is going to do that? While it is a terrible tragedy, powers that be, don't appear to be really worked up about civilian airliners brought down by military gunfire.

Since the downing of KE007 by USSR, the US mounted a huge anti-Soviet propaganda campaign, only to become an equally guilty party some decade later. Is anybody here aware of the fact that the Israelis shot down an Libyan Airlines 727, back in 1972? Probably not, I stumbled upon that information while researching on the topic.
There have been many other instances of this type, the one that sticks to my mind is that of an Iranian A300 being shot down by surface to air missile fired from an US warship the vincennes in 1988, Of course the captain of the ship gave convenient excuses for the tragic incident. This happened over iranian waters and airspace.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i am hearing from various people that the Putins IL-96 took a similar route around a similar time as the MH flight.

“I can say that Putin’s plane and the Malaysian Boeing intersected at the same point and the same echelon. That was close to Warsaw on 330-m echelon at the height of 10,100 meters. The presidential jet was there at 16:21 Moscow time and the Malaysian aircraft - 15:44 Moscow time,” a source told the news agency on condition of anonymity.

"The contours of the aircrafts are similar, linear dimensions are also very similar, as for the coloring, at a quite remote distance they are almost identical", the source added.

if this is true, whoever responsible for it might be paying a heavy price for this
Now that's intriguing! Where did you get this information? Makes very good sense. I'm yet to come across anything remotely absolve the Russians. On the contrary, the US media is parroting the official government line of holding the Russians accountable.

·
Moderator in training
13,197 Posts

They actually responded. That's a nice surprise.

1 - 20 of 1978 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.