SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone fancied a little competition or just a challenge for fun??

Bangor City FC - Nantporth Stadium

Bangor City FC are a welsh club currently playing in the Welsh Premier League

Nantporth Stadium opened in 2012 after the club leaving their old ground Farrar Road after 80 years

It has a overall capacity of 3000 but only 1100 is seated

The main stand holds 850 and the small seated stands on the menai straits side holds around 300

The challenge is to bring the stadium up to UEFA category 4 stadium to allow them to play in the champions league group stages - Minimum capacity of 8,000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_stadium_categories

Only the location is quite challenging, There is hardly any room on the straits side (As seen below in the aerial picture) but there are no stands behind either of the goals (but not much room behind them either, space is tight) must fall within the stadium boundaries too

It's up to you if you want to add to the main stand or chose to replace it with a new one

Here's an aerial view (it's not been updated yet) of the location

and a few pictures of the ground as it is now
Stand on the straits side, notice there isn't much room!

A link to some plans that show the stadium boundaries - http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/legacy/arymarc/DSCF0398.JPG

The main stand

Behind one the goals during construction

and more images here
http://propaganda.photoshelter.com/...-Poland-U16/G0000J0PRtm2q2ks/C0000lQXW4ts2HNY

·
Registered
552 Posts
Bangor City had 846 highest home attendance, this project is unreal. They can't even fill this 3k stadium. It seems enough for them. But maybe someone joins.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was just something if anyone fancied it :)

It was never meant to be realistic

just a "What if" kinda thing

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Champions League group stages?!
Yeah you need a category 4 stadium to play from the play offs onwards

so the scenario is that it's 2018 and Bangor City have qualified for the group stages :banana:

like i said guys its just for a laugh, if you want to wait till later on in the year to run it as a proper competition i don't mind :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yeah you need a category 4 stadium to play from the play offs onwards

so the scenario is that it's 2018 and Bangor City have qualified for the group stages :banana:

like i said guys its just for a laugh, if you want to wait till later on in the year to run it as a proper competition i don't mind :)
That's not true. For example, Stamford Bridge isn't a UEFA Category 4 Stadium, but Chelsea use it in the Champions League. Napoli's Stadium isn't a UEFA Category 4. Victoria Plzen's Stadium isn't UEFA Category 4. All these Stadiums were used in this Seasons Group Stage.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles.../Regulations/01/94/62/34/1946234_DOWNLOAD.pdf

page 18

"Stadium categories
13.01 Unless stipulated otherwise in these regulations, matches in the competition must be played in a stadium which meets the structural criteria of the following categories as defined in the UEFA Stadium Infrastructure Regulations (2010 edition):
a) category2forthefirstandsecondqualifyingrounds;
b) category3forthethirdqualifyinground;
c) category 4 from the play-offs to the semi-finals.
The final must be played in a stadium which meets the structural criteria as defined in the staging agreement"

·
Registered
648 Posts
That's not true. For example, Stamford Bridge isn't a UEFA Category 4 Stadium, but Chelsea use it in the Champions League. Napoli's Stadium isn't a UEFA Category 4. Victoria Plzen's Stadium isn't UEFA Category 4. All these Stadiums were used in this Seasons Group Stage.
I'm pretty sure that Stamford Bridge and the others are a all Category 4 stadiums ....

·
Registered
144 Posts
I got tempted by this idea and started on a model of the existing ground but there isn't too many decent photographs knocking about, and those that I can find are mostly of the main stand.

Far from perfect but I can see some resemblence...

Too much wasteland behind this end?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah there isn't a lot of good pictures to be honest sorry about that i tried to provide some decent ones and the plans so you have a rough idea of the scale and how much room there is

yeah it's just mud with only 2 steps of terracing behind both goals at the moment

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah there isn't a lot of good pictures to be honest sorry about that i tried to provide some decent ones and the plans so you have a rough idea of the scale and how much room there is

yeah it's just mud with only 2 steps of terracing behind both goals at the moment
I guess that's where the real expansion will take place, cheers for the extra pictures, let me know if anything I post looks wrong as I take it you have been a few times?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts