SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pic I took of the underrated and relatively unknown Bangunan AMFinance tower (Plaza Mbf) in KL.

Does anyone have a photo of the entrance? I used to think it was 210 m to the spire, but I think that measurement might be to the top of those rings even though the tip of the spire should count. Does anyone know the architects of the building?

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah, I went in Dec 03. I should be returning though at the end of this year. I assumed the height was to the tip of the spire but some distance night shots I saw on this forum once showed that the spire appears to go quite higher than the roof of the nearby Menara Maxis, which is 212 m.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Hey Damien,here's a night pic i taken end of last year.Unfortunately i don hv any panorama.Sze Hoong has it.wait for him to post yo!

·
12,962 Posts
^^^ Eh? Where I got pano? :D

I have some AMFinance pics but not pano lah........The only pano I have is of the base (back) from the elevated highway but that is like so long ago.....c if I could find it ;)

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
CLié-HighRises said:
I think they got the inspiration for the design of this building from the Empire State... From a distance, it has pretty much a very similar outlook from the base all the way to the spire on top...

However, its more identical twin is the one in Melbourne, the BlueScope Steel Center on Collins St...
i agree with u regarding the inspiration from BlueScope Steel Center on Collins St:D i normally compare Melbourne's skyscrapers with KL's by using the
AMfinance building

·
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter
10,128 Posts
since when the spire rings got different colour??

those rings and the am bank logo makes it looks like a chinese skyscraper

·
12,962 Posts
D_Y2k.2^ said:
remember the KL city panorama taken from the mini genting?i think that pic is very good for comparing heights:D

Oh I see..... :D

I think this would be a better picture compared to the pano ;)

As for why AmFinance didn't lit up that nite....well....I dunno......they always do so I am a bit unlucky that nite hehehehe :D

·
MILLENNIUM FALCON
3,007 Posts
szehoong said:
Since DAY 1 ....... :rant: .....and they have to further make it looked really bad by that stupid logo :bleep:
The rings are something different... How many skyscrapers can boast of having three rings as part of the lighting? But they should change the color coordination because the colors remind me of Burger King at times... :)

As for the AmBank logo, its definitely hideous but at least can see the red sign in the distance... Another distance skyscraper to spot other than PTT, KLTower, and MBB...

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
szehoong said:
Oh I see..... :D

I think this would be a better picture compared to the pano ;)

As for why AmFinance didn't lit up that nite....well....I dunno......they always do so I am a bit unlucky that nite hehehehe :D
yeah!this is the one:D I'm sure Damien will b happy with it!

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
yeh.. the logo iz bit too big tou... maybe a lil smaller will be 'k.. anyway i like that nite pic(DY2K)! guess its one ofda most well lit buildin in KL nitetime! if it realli lits up heh~

·
12,962 Posts
CLié-HighRises said:
The rings are something different... How many skyscrapers can boast of having three rings as part of the lighting? But they should change the color coordination because the colors remind me of Burger King at times... :)

Yes......I am not saying that they shouldn't have the litted up rings there but what I am referring to is the colour combi. They should just do all single colour be it red or yellow or blue or white and not a combi of diff colours. ;)

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
in the 1st and 2nd photo, the tower looks very proud (like a landmark)

but its interesting to see how that changest when its with the mighty Petronas :D

·
12,962 Posts
^^^ Oh yea.....all the nice towers next to Petronas are suffering because the twin towers stole the limelight from em. I've got many whom didn't know where is Menara Maxis despite it being physically linked to the towers and are its nearest neighbour. These people even contested that such tower do not exist as they only saw ther twins there! :lol:

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
SUNNI said:
in the 1st and 2nd photo, the tower looks very proud (like a landmark)

but its interesting to see how that changest when its with the mighty Petronas :D
Hahahaha...yeah...so wat u think if Melbourne skyscrapers are in KL:D they will lose their glory too?:p

1 - 20 of 30 Posts