SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope no one minds, but one of my favorite buildings has always been BOA. When I was growing up in Miami some 20 years back, I remember the construction, the fire and it's completion. It was my glory in that day, as I thought it was one of the most remarkable structures in town.

Today, it seems dwarfed by the newer condos and office towers that have sprung up all around it.

So I started this new thread....dedicated to Bank of America tower...

·
Banned
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice set of shots. Another building that has aged very well and obviously the lighting aspect gives it iconic appeal.
I actually talked to a tourist who thought BOA was one of the newer buildings in Miami. I can see how someone would think that, since many of the condo towers are just square and basic. BOA has the distinction of looking ultra-modern, semi circled on one side, stepped up to the top, and well lit. I hope it remains a trademark tower for years to come!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I love this building at night. I was in Miami about a year ago & thought it was the most memorable of the "taller" buildings. It was fourth of July and it was red, whit & blue. Will be in Miami in a couple of weeks...anybody know what the lighting scheme is now?

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
^^The BOA tower changes the lighting scheme frequently, honoring anything from holidays to sports teams to different countries (lit up in the colors of their flags). Sometimes it's just lit in one color...sometimes in a nifty combination that doesn't really signify anything except it looks cool.

I'll be in town briefly next week. Hoping for hot pink! :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts