SkyscraperCity banner

Which one is the banking capital in your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Again Baghdad is in the list, which bank would like to operate from there?

You are talking about a very big middle east. The real middle east consist of the next five countries: Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Isreal. In that case i'll go for Tel Aviv

·
Registered
929 Posts
Urban Girl said:
but Istanbul is not in middle east;)
It sure is! It is in Asia, Europe and the Mid East, and thus the key position to control much of the banking in the area.

·
Registered
18,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The reason why I put Istanbul on the list is because of the two parts of Istanbul, the Asian and the European part. So, in my opinion it has to be on the list and for all those who have doupts may vote for another city. ,)
Baghdad has to be on the list as one of the biggest cities in the region. Why not?

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
It's known that for the last 3 decades, Bahrain (Manama) has been the financial capital of the mid east after the war broke out in Beirut. Dubai is building it's sector strongly also.

·
SSLL
8,354 Posts
Tel Aviv. It's in the only developed nation in the region. And yes, Turkey is in the Middle East, much more than it is in Europe (come on!).

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
samsonyuen said:
Tel Aviv. It's in the only developed nation in the region. And yes, Turkey is in the Middle East, much more than it is in Europe (come on!).
come on who is talking about Turkey in this thread? only you?

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Bein developed doesn't mean your a banking capital. Plus, for banks with mid east hq, all the major ones are in the gulf.

This thread is about banking, not most developed.

·
Metalhead User
1,406 Posts
Istanbul for me

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.