SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I'm a student from Russia studying urban planning now. We are carrying out a research concerning some methods to catalyze social life in cities.
My part deals with @22 project.
Could you share some information about the role of architect and public in taking decisions on this masterplan?
Did any debates or something of that kind take place? Were there any contradictions and what's the public opinion? How was the process of approval of this project hold?
What are the disadvantages of this project?

I've got acquainted with the materials of the site http://www.22barcelona.com, but it's very important for me to find out the opinion of professional and the locals.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi!
I'm a student from Russia studying urban planning now. We are carrying out a research concerning some methods to catalyze social life in cities.
My part deals with @22 project.
Could you share some information about the role of architect and public in taking decisions on this masterplan?
Did any debates or something of that kind take place? Were there any contradictions and what's the public opinion? How was the process of approval of this project hold?
What are the disadvantages of this project?

I've got acquainted with the materials of the site http://www.22barcelona.com, but it's very important for me to find out the opinion of professional and the locals.

Thanks a lot!
Your questions are pretty specific, but you can definitely get some answers from our Catalan forumers - just go to the Spain Sub-forum, (Catalyunya) part. just read some threads and see who seems to be most technically knowledgeable about the projects, especially if they work for the Ajuntament de Barcelona (Local Government). I bet you there were public forums and discussions, cuz Barcelona has forums for EVERYTHING.

From my experience in reading about this project, there are very few disadvantages - lots of formerly abandoned industrial areas will be redeveloped and re-used for new purposes. Potentially, you could argue that in a stagnant economic climate, [email protected] could take away investment and growth prospectives from other up-and-coming areas like Sants or Plaza de Europa, or shift focus away from the old town and cause that area to decline over time. Transportation should not be an issue (the metro serves that whole area, as well as Tram cars).

Anyway, your best bet would be to get in touch with the forumers through private messages. Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts