·
Sempre BCN
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Medit said:
Diagonal ZeroZero Tower
Enric Massip Bosch
110 meters
A new office tower at the Fòrum area -commissioned by the communications company Telefónica, and presented on October 19, 2006-, just between Herzog & de Meuron's Fòrum blue building and the site where Zaha Hadid will erect her lower -but no less futuristic- Spiralling Tower. The 24-storey (110 m tall) tower has no pillars inside and shows an exoskeleton on the facade; The tower looks like a Catalan version of Toyo Ito's Tod's Omotesando Building in Tokyo, but more fragile and elegant. It should be finished around 2010.

Nowadays

Pics by Upbarcelona

·
Hourloupe
1,312 Posts
If it has no pillar inside,than I suppose those chaotic beams are part of the structure right?
Really complex building.Congratulations to BCN :applause:

Off-topic:When will Gehry's Tower construction start?
Yes, I've heard they're structural. But note there's a simple steel grid underneath, I bet that's what will actually carry the loads.

Also, there's no news on Ghery's Bride.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Great looking building, very bold and out of the ordinary...Which suits Barcelona...What's the name of area that the building is being built in, is this the north? I have been to Barcelona a few times for holidays but only conentrated in the las ramblas areas and the port...from one of the earlier shots in the forum it appears that a lot of work has been done to rejuvinate this area, is it linked up to the old port, i.e - can you walk along there??

·
Hourloupe
1,312 Posts
Great looking building, very bold and out of the ordinary...Which suits Barcelona...What's the name of area that the building is being built in, is this the north? I have been to Barcelona a few times for holidays but only conentrated in the las ramblas areas and the port...from one of the earlier shots in the forum it appears that a lot of work has been done to rejuvinate this area, is it linked up to the old port, i.e - can you walk along there??
That's the Forum area, between Poblenou, Barri Besòs and St. Adrià de Besòs. It's on the Besòs side, so, yeah, geographically that's north but to us locals it's more like the east. You can get there by foot but it's a long walk, maybe 3 or 4 kilometres. Here's a map.

But that steel grid is too weak to carry all the structure.That's just for the glass I think.
Sad to hear no news about Gehry's Tower :(
It looks weak, but maybe the thick part is on the inside. I'm very curious about the structure, to tell the truth.

·
Cervesa espacial
6,160 Posts

·
Cervesa espacial
6,160 Posts
DIAGONAL ZEROZERO
El Fòrum, Barcelona | 110 m | 24 floors | Under construction

Current advance of the works:

tenia revisión médica cerca asi que me he acercado esta mañana por primera vez desde que empezó a leantarse.

me preguntaba para qué eran los agujeros en la fachada...para anclar el envigado

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.