SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
18,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
METROPOLITAN STADIUM BARQUISIMETO, Venezuela

The Estadio Metropolitano de Fútbol de Lara is a soccer stadium located in the heart of the city of Barquisimeto, Venezuela, home ground of Guaros de Lara FC. It was built by the Venezuelan company Jantesa, and it is one of the nine venues for the Copa America 2007. It has a capacity of 40,312, it has a field of 110 x 70 m, it has Aloha Seashore Paspalum grass, it has a parking lot for 4,000 vehicles, elevators, 4 locker rooms, an anti-doping room, a medical room, referee room and two gigantic screens, 24 cabins for the press and a VIP area.

The Metropolitano De Lara has no athletics track, so the spectators are seated very close to the game action. Because of this construction, it is often compared with Old Trafford, the Manchester United Stadium in England
Lara F.C. opened Venezuela to many opportunities by playing in the Copa Libertadores in 1969. In 2005, the CONMEBOL chose the Copa America 2007 venues; in those selected Barquisimeto was not one of the venues selected. In 2006 the CONMEBOL decided to add Barquisimeto as a venue for the Copa America 2007 in honor of Lara FC.

The Stadium is now under the final stage of construction, it will be opened in 2 months (October 2009).

Capacity: 40.312 seats

• Handicapped: 24
  • VIP Area: 270
  • Private Area: 30
  • Press: 691
  • Parking: 4000

Location: La Campina Sector, Barquisimeto (South-East), Lara State, Venezuela.

Use: Soccer.

General Constructor: Oranca Parque Central and Jantesa.

RENDERINGS

·
Registered
18,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whoteva! :lol: I got another one but from the inside...

·
Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine
1,652 Posts
The sport is called football, and to the people who call it soccer, get over it because this sport has only one name and will always have one name.

·
I'm cuban
2,845 Posts
The sport is called football, and to the people who call it soccer, get over it because this sport has only one name and will always have one name.
True... the word "soccer" is used only in United State of America so as the word "Calcio", that only used in Italy both names of the sport world fomous football...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Apparently you need a history lesson.

Well this brand has taken the name in most of the world, but it certainly hasn't always, and we have the British to thank for any confusion. Rugby used to be known as football too. In the late 1700 and early 1800s any number of sports played on foot were known as football, in difference to sport on horseback or Cricket. What are know known as Football/Soccer and Rugby became quite popular and in order to avoid confusion were given nicknames. The soc in association lead to those playing the game to be called "Soccers" as opposed to "Ruggers" playing League or Union.

In Countries where rugby and the rugbyesque games that developed there from became the dominant sport are known as Football (Aussie rules, American, Canadian rules) andfor the most part kept calling Association Football Soccer. Where Association won it its obviously the colloquial Football.

As far as this forum goes I for one am going to keep using the term by the specific region; US, Canadian, Australian threads as there specific football, vs football as in association football for Europe, South America, Africa, Asia.

·
Registered
774 Posts
It's official name is association football which, like Rugby football, is shortened to football and rugby respectively. Futbol and futball are just translations yes?

The only exception you have to get used to is from Americans and Canadians who call it soccer. No-one likes it, but that's life - just live with it NMAISTER007 :lol:.

·
RafaViel
166 Posts

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
I really dont like this stadium. Its not proportional, the first tier is too steep (why?!), etc.
I do like the exterior.

·
I'm cuban
2,845 Posts
Is this stadium in the middle of mountains????? How do people get there to watch football?
In at all.... This isn't stadium... It's stadium between mountains from Caracas... Here some pictures about of this stadium in Caracas.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Is this stadium in the middle of mountains????? How do people get there to watch football?
the stadium is not in the mountains, is near from a montanious area ... the access to the stadium is connected with a highway ... but here's an example:

You feel me?

·
Registered
18,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here i got one but from January, 2009. By La Repuvlica

·
8,265 Posts
Love this stadium, hope they get finished soon!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts