SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weeks Wharf (http://icthewharf.icnetwork.co.uk/t...line=yellow-brick-towers-plan--name_page.html) is reporting that Barrett are planning a set of bright yellow brick towers along East India Road (Docklands) rising to 45 storeys.

"Developer Barratt Homes hopes to construct a set of bright yellow brick towers on the street's junction with Leamouth Road - rising up to 45 storeys.

Construction is set to begin in 2007 for the scheme, which is part of the Government's London-wide initiative designed to create stylish new homes with an emphasis on key workers. "

·
Large Member
1,128 Posts
Peyre said:
yellow brick?

*shudders*
They look good, mostly glass, very Manhatten, shame they're not part of the growing number around Marshwall, they'd look good there.

·
Against ID Cards
9,799 Posts
Yellow bricks could look good if used well I think. Am waiting in anticipation for the render.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Has a very american feel to it but with some nice modern touch's, like this though, what about the caa, if the ontario reached the max height limit then isn't this taking the piss???

·
Large Member
1,128 Posts
Car park?

I was thinking this was too high for the location. The CAA will boot this straight into touch. I wish this was going up on the Isle of Dogs, it would be much better there.

·
Aerial Erector
1,492 Posts
Skid-Mark said:
Has a very american feel to it but with some nice modern touch's, like this though, what about the caa, if the ontario reached the max height limit then isn't this taking the piss???
Ontario is directly under the flight path for Rwy 10 , this would be approx 500m further north, that might make a difference to the rules, otherwise i can see them being reduced to 105m giving that boring flat skyline with every bloody building the same height.

·
Like 'Berg'
6,749 Posts
Like I've said previously, the layout and shapes are brilliant and as mentioned, they do seem to 'soar'.. they are very american, which is perhaps why visitors to our boards like them as much as they do.. I just worry about the colours, look very cheap, especially with the shapes of the windows, wouldn't want something that looks really out of place, it just needs an English twist onto the design to make it fit in..

·
Registered
322 Posts
the render looks a little cheap sure, it will be much more bright when realised i am sure. However i have my doubts about this project, not that i dont want it, i just think it wont make it.

·
Registered
24,258 Posts
I hope to god the brown cladding is some kind of stylish mettalic copper or something equally as luxury as the apartments are considered to be.

I have this awful and strong feeling it isn't though.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts