SkyscraperCity Forum banner

BASEL | Roche Tower 3 | 221m | 725ft | Pro

1740 10
Next element in Roche HQ - prep will not start before 2024
Relevant documents were submited for public review on November 21 2022.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
These towers for real are a disaster ... Soon to come in Paris by the same 'architect' ...
The height okay, but this 60's architecture is horrible.
the 3rd tower needs a different design and colour for sure
I feel this kind of towers and design doesn't belong in that area, basically is next to family residential neighborhood, anyway..... Basel is not known to be a beautiful town.
Reactions: Ecopolisia
I think Basel is quite very beautiful and interesting. But those towers are too monotone. Something like the “four” Frankfurt would have looked better.
I feel this kind of towers and design doesn't belong in that area, basically is next to family residential neighborhood, anyway..... Basel is not known to be a beautiful town.
So is this close to a station, I think so right? I mean that makes it a little bit better in terms of Transit Oriented Development, but I still don't understand, why build so high here. I mean I love high towers but sometimes, especially when the design is crappy, I can really hate them if in illogical locations?

I just don't seem to understand this idea and this design. It feels like it totally doesn't fit the environment/built area.
Reactions: Ecopolisia
Because this was the property that Roche owned and they need a lot of work and office space
So is this close to a station, I think so right? I mean that makes it a little bit better in terms of Transit Oriented Development, but I still don't understand, why build so high here. I mean I love high towers but sometimes, especially when the design is crappy, I can really hate them if in illogical locations?

I just don't seem to understand this idea and this design. It feels like it totally doesn't fit the environment/built area.
Ah well that explains at least a little bit, but that doesn't excuse the concepts that seem pretty.. bland, to put it lightly.
Because this was the property that Roche owned and they need a lot of work and office space
Reactions: enrik77
I think they look good at dusk, dawn, night. The white colour reflects the purple of the sky nicely. Or the cluster would have looked great in a bigger existing skyline like Frankfurt or Paris.
During the day alone they look bland imo. Let’s hope that Basel builds more and more towers so that it looks more interesting.
Ah well that explains at least a little bit, but that doesn't excuse the concepts that seem pretty.. bland, to put it lightly.
@curious.sle please provide any source/credits/links thank you
1 - 11 of 11 Posts