Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To replace the missing one which was mensioned last week.

Looks like the brickwork at the rear is just being painted to match the colour of the stone on the front and sides

·
ENTJ 8w9
11,993 Posts
They should give all the concrete in Brum a touch of paint.

Library would be a good start, followed by New Street station.

·
Registered
709 Posts
U475 Foxtrot said:
To replace the missing one which was mensioned last week.

Looks like the brickwork at the rear is just being painted to match the colour of the stone on the front and sides

That's really too bad. It still looks like a half-finished building.

·
Second Citizen
16,937 Posts
I'm inclined to agree, although the paint job is better than nothing.

I would love to see the car park come down behind and them extend this building via a bridge to a modern take on Baskerville on the site of the MSCP.

Good work Foxy - thanks :eek:kay:

G

·
Lit up should look lovely on the skyline. Now the Library site ;) what if we had a 120m tower situated there instead!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
SimLim said:
Lit up should look lovely on the skyline. Now the Library site ;) what if we had a 120m tower situated there instead!

I still think the library site should be opened up to give views of Chamberlain Square, the Town Hall & Museum & Art Gallery, it would look fantastic when approaching the area from Broad Street. Can't see that happening though, land is far too expensive for aesthetic nonesense like that! I think a tower should be built on the land between the Rep & Baskerville house, as not to obstruct these views.

G

·
Thats what I meant. The future Library site. Sorry for the confusion. I wouldnt mind the MAKE library with a tower adjoined at the back. With the current library site, it be perfect if it was just a through way with towers either side.

·
Second Citizen
16,937 Posts
A tower on the red-window GOWM building would be good, that would yield the space to allow for a wide thoroughfare connecting Chamberlain & Centenary Squares :)

·
15,713 Posts
and also its at the point where the view along great charles street and ....(that other road from the jewelry quarter)......the line of sight meet!

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
Wasn't the building part of the Civic Centre which was going to be an enormous development which saw the construction of other 10 buildings like Baskerville House centred around some tower and a huge car park. I did have a book on it but I think I lost it whilst moving house :(

1 - 20 of 188 Posts