SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone mentioned this hotel on the sports city phase 2 development.

its a 5 star hotel, being built by an indian company http://www.shapoorji.in/ inside the presidential compound in Basra... it shares its name with the old shatt al arab hotel which is derelict nowadays.

·
Dreams of Babylon Rising
8,848 Posts
does anyone here have a source showing that's it's approved or u/c or anything that hints it's a legit project?

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
This looks fucking good!!!!!

I checked out this 'shapoorji pallonji' company.. they seem pretty reliable.

Really hope this actually gets built!

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Oh right I just noticed you put the link to their site :D ... I googled them..

Where is the presidential compound exactly, is it in Basra city centre?

·
Farewell Chalabi!
4,841 Posts
Oh right I just noticed you put the link to their site :D ... I googled them..

Where is the presidential compound exactly, is it in Basra city centre?
its in Saraji, a tourism kind of area. Far from City center.

Few months ago I cam across a render for a project to turn the presidential palaces to the new water front for Basra, as they have a great location on Shatt Al Arab.

Because of the dispute between the local govt. of Basra and the PM office which wants to turn the place to some LODGES for higher ranked military and political personnel killing the investment plans in the area. Yes, Baghdad knows better....

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
its in Saraji, a tourism kind of area. Far from City center.

Few months ago I cam across a render for a project to turn the presidential palaces to the new water front for Basra, as they have a great location on Shatt Al Arab.

Because of the dispute between the local govt. of Basra and the PM office which wants to turn the place to some LODGES for higher ranked military and political personnel killing the investment plans in the area. Yes, Baghdad knows better....
Ahh ok that's really good I'm glad its in some sort of touristic area.. I was afraid it was going be in some isolated desert area..

What happened to this though? http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1327151

·
Registered
381 Posts
BASRA | Shatt Al-ARAB Hotel |11f | U\C

الشركة المنفذه:شركة شابورجي الهندية
الموقع: في مجمع القصور الرئاسية
تصميم: مكتب ديوان للاستشارات الهندسية والمعمارية وهو من افضل مكاتب التصميم في العالم
عدد الطوابق:11
عدد الغرف: اكثر من 200 غرفة وسويتات رئاسية والكثير من الخدمات
تكلفة المشروع: حوالي 84 مليار دينار
22الغاية منه : لغرض استضافة الوفود والشخصيات المهم لخليجي

·
23,227 Posts
great update , Thanks a lot akhi Ammar .

·
23,227 Posts
محافظ البصرة يطلع على تنفيذ مشروع فندق شط العرب في مجمع القصور الرئاسية

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Finally, love this hotel

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
I heard in the news a few weeks ago that the Basrah governer gave orders for companies to work longer shifts in order to speed up the construction, so i expect the new projects in Basrah to go up pretty quickly unlike before if the companies actually do start working two or three shifts rather than one shift.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Basra is rubbish, old and the current environment is unacceptable. I think this is all due to this useless governor ? What's your opinion guys ? I mean Basras budget is huge since it will have $1 per barrel exported from it..

1 - 20 of 140 Posts