SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
13,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bat Yam is a city in Israel, on the central coastal strip, just south of Tel Aviv, and part of the Gush Dan metropolitan area, in the Tel Aviv District.

Bat Yam was established in 1926 as Bayit VaGan (Hebrew: בית וגן, House and Garden), and was geared toward Orthodox Jews. During the 1929 Palestine riots, Bayit VaGan came under attacks by Arab gangs from neighbouring Jaffa and was evacuated by British Authorities, then was reestablished in 1930. In 1936 it was given the status of local council.

Bayit VaGan's name was changed in 1938 to Bat Yam. The 1948 Arab-Israeli War reached its borders, and Bat Yam was under heavy fire from Jaffa, until Jaffa surrendered on May 13, 1948.

In the first decades of Israel's independence Bat Yam grew due to mass immigration, becoming a local council in 1949 and a city in 1958. It experienced a rapid growth again in early 1990s, as many immigrants from former Soviet Union chose Bat Yam as their new residence because of its proximity to industrial centers of the country, combined with relatively low real estate prices. According to Israeli Central Bureau of Statistics, the city population as of June 2005 is some 130,000 people

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
bat yam looks real cool and reminds me of the gold coast in Australia. Maybe I will go there lots becuase we are most likely moving to Rishon which isn't that far from Bat Yam, i think

·
DAMNED
38,617 Posts
I dont like Bat Yam,ugly city,city of shikunim and arsim
and maayan every city as some per cent of arsim and even Tel Aviv and Kfar Sava and yeah even Raanana;) the per cent of Rishon isnt different!
btw Rishon is very cute city with very high standard of life

1 - 20 of 258 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.