1 - 20 of 301 Posts

·
Brummie & Proud
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New application by Bouygues Development Ltd

2014/08711/PA

Bath Court Bath Row Edgbaston Birmingham B15 1NE

Demolition of existing building and erection of a 435 bed student accommodation building with ancillary facilities and a ground floor retail unit

http://eplanning.birmingham.gov.uk/Northgate/DocumentExplorer/Application/FolderView.aspx?type=eplprod_DC_PLANAPP&key=692877

Replaces the decidedly 1980's redbrick offices at the Islington Row Middleway end of Bath Row.

Unfortunately some of the documents are currently unavailable producing an error message.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts

·
...Ready for departure.
11,832 Posts
Should have been much taller given it's foot print but this will be a decent filler for that corner.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Should have been much taller given it's foot print but this will be a decent filler for that corner.
^^
Leeds and Manchester use these student halls developments as an opportunity to build significant talls...not in Birmingham chaps :lol:
Think Birmingham council as thrown in the towel and scrapped the "High Places" thrust! :eek:hno:

·
Registered
739 Posts
^^
Leeds and Manchester use these student halls developments as an opportunity to build significant talls...not in Birmingham chaps :lol:
Think Birmingham council as thrown in the towel and scrapped the "High Places" thrust! :eek:hno:
have you seen opal one (i think its called that) in Leeds. Would rather have no talls than a piece of crap like that on the skyline.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
have you seen opal one (i think its called that) in Leeds. Would rather have no talls than a piece of crap like that on the skyline.
^^
Yep I know it well, adopted Brummie, but Leeds is my home town. Opal one isn't great, but at the moment what have we got in the pipeline that's anywhere near it ...oh yes "Dandara's stunning apology of a building" :wtf:

·
Registered
8,516 Posts
After rejecting the 20 flloors they came back with a 15 floor design which was also rejected.The 11 floors look too bulky ; the extended peak would have nicely broken the overpowering mass.

1 - 20 of 301 Posts