SkyscraperCity banner

281 - 300 of 301 Posts

·
Jersey's finest
4,424 Posts
This project has been getting a lot of negative comments, but in the flesh it's actually alright. Not award winning but it's alright. The cladding catches the light really well. My only criticism would be the random grey top floor that does stand out and is rather ugly.

DSC_0352 by John Egan, on Flickr

DSC_0353 by John Egan, on Flickr

DSC_0350 by John Egan, on Flickr

·
Registered
19,198 Posts
How does this looking in the flesh Bum X? I think this is one that looks better in real life than in photos. But I haven’t seen it a while.

I have been called some things in my life but Bum X is a bit much Kingsheathen, he he he

To be honest it looks the same as my photo, very blue. I would be lying if I said it looked better or worse. I can't tell the difference tbh.

·
...Ready for departure.
11,828 Posts
That’s the most progress they’ve made in one week the entire build! About time this got completed seems to have gone on forever
I'd say they've got a 5 or 6 month deadline ready for the September 2020 intake. Plenty of time for cladding and testing.

·
...Ready for departure.
11,828 Posts
The green and blue contrast works... the grey/tarmac and blue no.

I think we can agree the building behind looks rather naff though.

·
Kingsheathen
2,073 Posts
I think it looks good. Not great but definitely good. It’s an impressive building and a massive improvement on what was there before. Shame it isn’t taller.

281 - 300 of 301 Posts