Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sorry if this has been discussed already. I have searched the net trying to find out where/when the filming of Batman will be in the next few months. If anyone knows where/when they will be filming could you share it? I'd like to drop by and try to catch a glimpse of the filming. Thanks!

·
Jack-Of-All-Trades
1,391 Posts
I thought they were wrapping up?

I really don't know exactly where filming has been done, besides the Post Office. Have they taken the false facade down yet?

Also, it's a fairly safe bet that the movie will feature Wacker Drive in some way. The cinematographers from the first movie loved to include it in almost every city shot, the car chase notwithstanding.

·
Registered
130 Posts
One area that should feature in the film is Upper Wacker near Columbus. I walked out of my office a couple weeks ago to a car chase and crew positioning "wrecked" cars with forklifts. I knew something was up before I even got outside because 100 or so people were walking around aimlessly on the sidewalk as extras. The street is normally pretty empty there around 7:30. It was kind of creepy. I wandered accidentally into Vancouver's infamous Hastings and Main skid row (AKA Wastings and Pain) a few years ago and I swear the extras looked like better dressed junkies--blank looks, and aimless pacing. It looked more like a zombie movie than Batman to me.

·
Registered
328 Posts
This past weekend they were set up somewhere in the loop area. There was a line of parked cabs, labeled not "Yellow Cab" but "Gotham Cab", and limo's with Gotham license plates parked on Lake Street around State. I think they were filming at the Chicago Theatre, because there were signs all around there directing extras on where to go, and a big crowd gathered.

Don't know 100%, but I've heard they'll be here a few months filming. A lot more Chicago, er Gotham, scenes in this one than the last. Supposedly they will be filming a funeral scene sometime on LaSalle street with thousands of extras.

·
Registered
328 Posts
One area that should feature in the film is Upper Wacker near Columbus. I walked out of my office a couple weeks ago to a car chase and crew positioning "wrecked" cars with forklifts. I knew something was up before I even got outside because 100 or so people were walking around aimlessly on the sidewalk as extras. The street is normally pretty empty there around 7:30. It was kind of creepy. I wandered accidentally into Vancouver's infamous Hastings and Main skid row (AKA Wastings and Pain) a few years ago and I swear the extras looked like better dressed junkies--blank looks, and aimless pacing. It looked more like a zombie movie than Batman to me.
They were also, or may still be, filming a movie with Angelina Jolie and were on lower wacker a couple weeks ago. They had most of lower wacker shut off. A couple times there has been a helicopter a hundred feet or so above the river, around Wabash, used to film chase scenes. That was a sight to see.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Why does every successful Chicago movie have to involve a car chase?

j/w
The action movies do because they're supposed to have, well, action. Don't remember any car chase scenes in movies like The Untouchables, High Fidelity, or pretty much any John Hughes movie, though.

·
Chicago Photographer
2,832 Posts
I am sorry if this has been discussed already. I have searched the net trying to find out where/when the filming of Batman will be in the next few months. If anyone knows where/when they will be filming could you share it? I'd like to drop by and try to catch a glimpse of the filming. Thanks!
they did alot of fliming at the chicago post office on canal. they did a car scene on wacker too. I believe they are back now. I will try to find out where and report back

·
Chicago Enthusiast
2,560 Posts
I signed up to be an extra in this movie a few weeks back......

They gave me a flyer with a phone # 312-924-1805 and website www.joanphilocasting.com. I assume email or call and say you are interested. I know they said they were still looking for people. It will be one weekend in June and one weekend in August. Pretty cool opportunity I think.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I saw that too, one woman handed me a flier but I was in a hurry so I brushed it off. I knew it was for Batman too, dangit!

·
Registered
40 Posts
A couple of things...

First, Joan Philo is definitely the casting agent for extras in many (if not most) of the movies filmed in Chicago. I just watched Derailed and I saw her name in the credits. That said, I sent in a registration card - cross your fingers!!

Second, they filmed last night on top of the SAME PARKING LOT they used in Batman Begins. I know this because I live in Century Tower (Lake/Wells) which is, unofficially, the Hollywood of Chicago, and my fiance and I were trying to figure out where the gunshots were coming from (knowing full well that they were filming Batman). We finally looked at each other and said, "Oh my God, they're on the roof of the lot!!" And we were right. We went up to the roof of a few nearby garages and watched, snapping what photos we could!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I saw that one coming! The photos didn't capture much other than the fact that the upper floors were blocked off and there was a whole bunch of junk strewn about on the floors. We were trying to capture the gunshot flashes, but no luck.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was walking around the Hyatt on E Wacker drive last night around 11pm and pretty much walked around the set. I don't know if I'd advise it though because there was security, but it was very light. It wasn't until a wedding party at the Hyatt came out and approached the police barriers did we get busted.

Didn't see a whole lot -- a lot of shooting seems like is inside one of the buildings next to the Hyatt (the address slips my mind right now)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
There was a lot of action on Washington and Randolph today west of the L tracks on Wells. I just noticed it as I was coming into downtown for work....

Batman? Looked like a lot of equipment on both streets.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There was a lot of action on Washington and Randolph today west of the L tracks on Wells. I just noticed it as I was coming into downtown for work....

Batman? Looked like a lot of equipment on both streets.
Ahh! I am going down around 2ish, I wonder if they will still be there?

1 - 20 of 213 Posts