SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is that the place they have that Oktoberfest? I saw some show about it. Anyways it's a lovely place. Washington is my future home!

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
The village looks so nice and fragrant .......

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
He he great!

Except for the pick ups and barred windows it's pretty close to the real thing :)

It sort of reminds me of Solvang, CA

·
Registered
596 Posts
Theme Towns.

Mind you, I actually like the idea. I just don't like THAT particular implementation. They got the look of the buildings down, but they seem stuck with the old Western -style streets and urban plan. Big wide street, linear, head in parking. It lacks the charm of the spaces of a real Bavarian Village.

But it's a good start.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Bond James Bond said:
^
You have to remember that this was an ordinary rural American West town until the 60's, when they decided to "Bavarian-ize" it.

So it's not like they could rip apart the whole town and give it a European-style street layout.
That's true but if they are going to reshape most of the buildings anyway, why not turn the streets into cobblestone and, perhaps, make the main thoroughfare pedestrain only. The Bavarian theme is the main draw for the visitors and major source town's income. So I suppose the town could invest a little more to give the place even more of the European feel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts