SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· lime-hating shrublet
27,448 Posts
Well... well, I enjoyed it. :shifty:

How often do we get to see inside these religious buildings? Even if some of us "couldn't care less" about other religions it's always interesting having a look round their buildings.

We see the history of the Bullring all the time anyway. :sleepy:

· lime-hating shrublet
27,448 Posts
You can walk into them at any time. They are very welcoming. :yes:

The only play where I was met with some hostility was Ghamkol Sharif Mosque in Small Heath. They had about 5 guys follow me around the mosque whilst I was just looking around. It is a massive building though. The main prayer hall enormous and so lavish. Shame the outside looks so cheap and tacky...:eek:hno:
They say we are welcome to visit but how many of us will? As you found with your experience of the mosque, I can't imagine these buildings are quite as open as the likes of Lichfield or Worcester cathedrals where you simply walk in off the street. That's cos they're tourist destinations in their own right as well as places of worship.

However, I'd probably go if there was a group of us cos I don't like people following me round as it is! :cry:

Erebus555 said:
We do? I haven't. :dunno:
The Bullring is one of the places you do see all the time as it was such a big project. There's old footage-galore of it and although I never saw it before the new construction I certainly know how it looked!

· lime-hating shrublet
27,448 Posts
I briefly thought that church was the one here in Sedgley - even the lightning conductor running down the side is similar.

Who was St. Edburga(s)?? He obviously didn't have such an impact on the world as St. Paul. :lol:

Do you just turn up at temples and just walk in? How did you find out about the temple in the house? Did you go with school/college? Sorry so many questions, it's just been something I've wanted to do for years to visit other religious buildings. :yes:

· lime-hating shrublet
27,448 Posts
:eek:

Your school probably tricked them into thinking it was coachloads of old people on an outing, only to see lots of skanky kids who could run riot so they shut the doors. :lol:

Hmmm so I've learned about St. Edburgha who wasn't a saint and was a female. Great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.