Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Todays Daily Post.

Comedian Ken Dodd cracked open the champagne to mark the completion of the new BBC building in Liverpool city centre.
The funnyman was joined on the roof of the premises in Hanover Street by Radio Merseyside station manager Mick Ord and Liverpool council leader Warren Bradley. It is expected the BBC will start to use the new building at the end of July.

I think that the move to this new building is the perfect opportunity to change the name of this radio station!!! I wonder if the Beeb would agree???

Radio Liverpool sounds loads better to me

·
Banned
18,269 Posts
Deffo.... Mersey Side has been utterly corrupted by Merseyside and local dickhead councillors working deep splits in Liverpool's community and culture.
Radio Liverpool for me.

And Magic 1548 shoud be renamed Bay Area as that is the area it covers.

·
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tony, maybe this could be a project for 21st CL could look at??? as I said this seems like a golden opportunity to effect a change like this.

I don't think it would cost too much perhaps change a few letterheads and stuff??

·
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KF, spot on!!! after all the museum changed it's name a short time ago.

·
Banned
18,269 Posts
It certainly would be a quick win... or at least a quick establishement on where we stand on some wider issues by supporting this small suggestion?

We need to sort out the set up of 21CL asap and get some letterheads and stuff... I would certainly support 21CL backing diddies suggestion... how about the others?

·
Registered
13,914 Posts
Tony Sebo said:
And Magic 1548 shoud be renamed Bay Area as that is the area it covers.
There are various Magic stations around the north of England, hence they all have the same name but with different frequencies. Apparently they are closing down all their local stations and will be transmitting from one station in Newcastle via long distance transmitters.

The name change might probably happen soon. BBC GMR recently renamed to BBC Manchester.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Definitely change it to BBC Radio Liverpool.

While we are at it, because I subsidise local transport in the area through my council tax and never use the tunnels or Merseyrail the charge for using them should be put up to the going rate. This will have the added attraction of the Wirral whingers and the Southport whingers to pay a more realistic cost.

·
Just something
9,046 Posts
"dingy dingy dingy music......"

"Good Morning from BBC Liverpool Regional News for the bay area and beyond."

"Here are todays top stories - the former Liverpoosl 051 club and car park has been approved as the site for Liverpools first 75 storey tower....."

"More after the weather bulletin for the Liverpool Regional Bay Area......"

"dingy dingy dingy music......" :) :cheers:

·
Banned
18,269 Posts
Accura said:
There are various Magic stations around the north of England, hence they all have the same name but with different frequencies. Apparently they are closing down all their local stations and will be transmitting from one station in Newcastle via long distance transmitters.

The name change might probably happen soon. BBC GMR recently renamed to BBC Manchester.
Thanks Accy, I didn't know that

The sounds of the Tyne, across the north...puts the soft points raised about TV monopolies in some perspective... if geordie radio is better than radio city anf key 103...then?

·
Banned
18,269 Posts
Sorry Doug.. that was supposed to read 'Doddy'... wasn't it him who suggested the name change when he opened the new RM building the other day?

·
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tony, when I was reading the article the thought occurred to me that the move into the new building would be a great time for the Beeb to re-brand itself to Radio Liverpool. There was no mention in the article of Ken Dodd making that suggestion, it was mine. Apologies if I have mis-lead anyone into thinking it was our Ken.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts