SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this thread, let us show all the current activity going in BCD (Beirut Central District) other than Platinum Tower, Beirut Tower, Marina Towers, Four Seasons Hotel, Beirut Souks, etc..., i.e. projects that do not have their own threads.

It is preferable that you mention the date when the image was taken so that we can differentiate.

(All pics are taken in 07/05/2006)

Beirut Hilton

Grand Hyatt Beirut

Berytus Park

Park Avenue 1330

·
4,373 Posts
Narekar, this is exactly the type of thread we needed (for all the lowrise projects), and the pics are great! I am so glad you joined this forum, thanks so much for all your pics!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! No problem.

Let's hope that investments in our country increases and we'll post about new projects.

·
Registered
807 Posts
They really are taking their time in building the Hilton. It's supposed to open in the 3rd quarter of this year, but I don't see how they will finish it in time.

Also, it doesn't look like Grand Hyatt is coming up yet. What is the building under construction right behind it in that picture you took?

Berytus Parks is taking shape nicely.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
I must say i'm not impressed by the hilton hotel, not very grandiose as they are usually. Not to my likings

·
Registered
807 Posts
Beirut! said:
Wasnt there a hilton being built in Hamra, and then they stopped construction??? whats going to happen to that building?
Yes, the 70-room Hilton Beirut Barrage Residence. I don't know why they stopped it. I will see what I can find out next week when I'm in Beirut.

I have a feeling this hotel company may have bought it as they reportedly bought two buildings in Beirut, one in the Raouche area and one in the Commodore area and are converting them to hotels.

http://www.coral-international.com

·
4,373 Posts
I thought I would add these pics to this thread, as they are more appropriate here.

If anyone could properly identify these projects that would be great...
(Saifi Village II is on the left in the first pic)

·
Melburnian
2,375 Posts
dose anyone know what the reddish bulding that is the newlt bulit one is it another hotel ?

·
Melburnian
2,375 Posts
No not that old styled oone its brand new its next to the four seasons getting built its next to a yellow one what looks similer to it

·
Registered
807 Posts
Jayme001 said:
No not that old styled oone its brand new its next to the four seasons getting built its next to a yellow one what looks similer to it
Are you talking about this?
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3305/dscn07614ko.jpg

If so, then that is just a complex with offices and apartments. My uncle's company moved their offices to there about a year and a half ago, just a few months before Hariri's assassination.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
According to the renderings posted here, that empty space in the middle of the first pic Beirut! posted is probably Beirut Gate. I presume the tower, part of the Beirut Gate, will be built behind the mosque, near the Lazzarieh building, currently a parking lot.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Moreover, in the first pic that Beirut! posted, the open space behind the church and the mosque (to the right of the pic) will be Garden of Forgiveness developed by Solidere.
More about this garden can be found here.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
well looks like something is going up beside the garden of forgiveness (look in the middle at the end)

They are finally going to renovate the former cinema house and u can see some construction on the right, not sure what it is... saifi village 2?

1 - 20 of 363 Posts