Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd start a separate thread (for anyone who is interested).

Beaudesert Shire Council have posted their submission to the Local Government Reform commission on their website.

http://www.bsc.qld.gov.au/council_services/feedback/Community%20Consultation/BeaudesertOurCaseSubmission.pdf

It's obvious the Council is concerned about the loss of 15% of its rate base should Eastern parts go to GCCC. They are also worried about the financial "burden" of being forced to amalgamate with Boonah Shire.

Of major interest is the 40 - 50 year planning which envisages a Shire of 250,000 people (based on current boundaries). They intend to avoid urban sprawl and protect green space by promoting the development of 3 main residential cities.

Beaudesert 35,000
Flagstone 60,000
Yarrabilba 60,000

A fourth industrial "city" will be situated at Bromelton (on the interstate rail line near Beaudesert) providing employment to around 30,000 people.

The plan also envisages three major townships (Jimboomba, Greenbank, Kooralbyn) and numerous communities and villages (Logan Village, Canungra, Tamborine, Beechmont, Rathdowney etc).

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I remember a while back there was a plan to develop a huge planned community near Logan Village (similar to Springfield and Forest Lake) . Is this still going ahead? Anyone living near Beenleigh will know about the vile housing estate next to Canterbury College. I drive through there when seeing friends- It's Absolutely Shite!

Also, With the projected growth, Are there any plans to extend the Brisbane City Train out to Beaudesert?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remember a while back there was a plan to develop a huge planned community near Logan Village (similar to Springfield and Forest Lake) . Is this still going ahead? Anyone living near Beenleigh will know about the vile housing estate next to Canterbury College. I drive through there when seeing friends- It's Absolutely Shite!

Also, With the projected growth, Are there any plans to extend the Brisbane City Train out to Beaudesert?
Yeah, the new city to be built between the old WWII Camp Cable and Tamborine Village is Yarrabilba. I can't see the city train network heading onto the Beaudesert-Bethania line any time soon. I wonder how they will service Yarrabilba? Using the current line they could build stations at Logan Village, Jimboomba and commuters may even use the Bombay Express (GC line).

Alternately they may build a spur to the new community from one of these lines?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I lived in Bethania for a few years, quiet little suburb. It could easily become a transport hub for the corridor running west to Jimboomba and Beaudesert, south to Beenleigh and north to Logan City.

Bethania as a whole is bisected by the Beenleigh train line and surrounded by the Logan River. The Logan/ Ipswich toll road lies just across the river to the north and proper planning could see connecting bridges turn Bethania into a buzzing part of the south Logan, North GC area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts