·
A Proud GENERAL
1,319 Posts
Congratulations you're now on your 2nd Thread.. Good job guys! :applause:

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Congratulations you're now on your 2nd Thread.. Good job guys! :applause:
This is really the third thread in this series...the first one was called "Bangladesh - Tourism"...then Tmac decided to call the second one "Beautiful Bangladesh"...after an advertising campaign, I think.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement. I've been to Cebu City. Very beautiful place, specially near the water.
Bro,if you have been to the Philippines then I need some suggestions from you.I am planning to go there this Oct ,mainly attracted by the beauty of Mt.Mayon and Chocolate Hills-you gotta name the other best attractions in the Philippines and esply Manila for me.Dont know anyone who went there before so had to ask you:)

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Bro,if you have been to the Philippines then I need some suggestions from you.I am planning to go there this Oct ,mainly attracted by the beauty of Mt.Mayon and Chocolate Hills-you gotta name the other best attractions in the Philippines and esply Manila for me.Dont know anyone who went there before so had to ask you:)
As Amar suggests, you could post questions in the Philippines sub-forum. They may be privy to some (their) "desi" information that I'm not aware of.

I haven't been to Mount Mayon or the Chocolate Hills. My father-in-law retired from ADB before I had the opportunity to visit those places. The usual places of interest are: Baguio, Boracay Island (my personal favorite), Clark (former US air base), Cebu, Corregidor Island, Pagsanjan Falls, Puerto Galera, Subic Bay (former US naval base), Tagaytay.

Manila is a very large city known as Metro Manila that actually is comprised of many municipalities (cities). The most expensive gated communities are in Makati City, which is also the business/commercial capital of the country and is part of Metro Manila. Manila is probably comparable to Mumbai in that the city is of extremes, super rich neighborhoods on one spectrum with shanty towns on the other. The metro area is like any western (American) city.

If you pm me with your contact information I could probably hook you up with some people over there, who could probably take you around or at least provide tips on the ground. When are you planning to visit?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Thanks for sharing these beautiful shots Amar and Tan

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
WOW

1 - 20 of 250 Posts