Martin Place - Lloyd Rees Fountain:

George Street, Australia Square and Angel Place:

Macquarie Street cluster of scrapers from the Royal Botanical Gardens:

Arthur Phillip Monument - RBG:

St Marys Cathedral:

Queen Victoria Monument:

Queen Victoria Building:

The Strand Arcade:

Colonial Centre, DB Tower u/c (Lord N. Foster), Chifley Tower (KPF), 1 O'Connell St, Aurora Place (R. Piano), Governor Phillip Tower, AMP Tower:

Taronga Zoo:

National Maritime Museum, Darling Park & World Square:

·
Registered Idiot
1,671 Posts
I dont mean any disrespect, but does Sydney have a soul? All I ever see of the place is tourists in what looks like a Disneyland attraction. Maybe this is my problem from not seeing enough pics, but can we see the real Sydney or are these pics an accurate representation?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
DrJoe said:
I dont mean any disrespect, but does Sydney have a soul? All I ever see of the place is tourists in what looks like a Disneyland attraction. Maybe this is my problem from not seeing enough pics, but can we see the real Sydney or are these pics an accurate representation?
Disneyland attraction? What on earth are you talking about? How can you tell who are tourist? Sydney is one of the world's great cities. One of my all time favorite cities. Just take a trip there. You will leave Toronto behind. These pics are absolutely fantastic.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
^ My sentiments exactly. :)

lol at the tourist comment.. I guess we Torontonians just aren't used to pretty things. :D

Our waterfront sucks in comparison to Sydney...

@ Dr. Joe, if you visit Sydney oneday, you would be just as impressed as I was when I first witnessed it first hand. It has the natural beauty of Vancouver(Syndey's not as stunning but quite comparable), yet it has the pulse and drive of Toronto. Great views, great weather, great beaches ... drop-dead gorgeous harbour(!!!), Toronto just can't beat it. BTW, The people in the pictures are just local Sydneysiders enjoying the sunshine and beauty of its CBD. (Of course, there's the occasional horde of tourists ;) )

·
Registered
865 Posts
Beautiful! I want to visit so badly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts