Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I found time to publish my Tallinn trip photos. My memories are only the best. Great city!

The modern skyline:

The most impressive ship I have ever seen

This street reminds me England because of grey stones building:

And now going to Old Town:

Very very cozy and beautiful square!:

Tallinn from above:

Is this place where talliners are planning to built that 200 m scraper?:

Tallinn massive commies makes an impression that there are living far more than 400.000 inhabitants:

The modern part of Tallinn centre:

Underground bus station in centre, that tablo with its accuracy reminds me metro transport system:

Some views from TV Tower:

Goodbye, Tallinn!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have to admit I envy Tallinn's modern skyline. And I believe it's getting some new towers soon. Where are all the towers of Helsinki-metropolitan area?

·
always on
4,826 Posts
fantastic pics! And boy, the view from the Tv tower, whoah, love the zoom!
Glad you enjoyed the city =)

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Tallinn is really ahead of Riga in terms of the beauty
I'd more, like say that Tallinn is ahead (of Riga and Vilnius) when it comes to renovation of old quarters and reconstruction of public spaces. Though beauty is, of course, an irrelative thing since everyone understands it diferently.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Great pictures! Tallinn is really booming and looking good! All pictures are good but the one with Tallink hotel on the background is incredible...

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd more, like say that Tallinn is ahead (of Riga and Vilnius) when it comes to renovation of old quarters and reconstruction of public spaces. Though beauty is, of course, an irrelative thing since everyone understands it diferently.
"beauty of the high-rise clusters", Nomels said, and therefore it is objective because we simply haven't such a cluster in Riga.
But only meanwhile, only meanwhile... :)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Apparently there's a lot more to Tallinn than I thought, looks very beautiful.

PS. Vecais Sakarnis, did you see to Helsinki from the TV-tower?

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Apparently there's a lot more to Tallinn than I thought, looks very beautiful.

PS. Vecais Sakarnis, did you see to Helsinki from the TV-tower?
No, there was only misty horizon. In the pictures of the TV Tower photographers Finland coast is visible but not Helsinki as a city - there is greenwood (maybe it is some of Helsinki parks?).

·
Skyscraperfan
1,251 Posts
2 years ago I was in this city. You've nice pictures, and there are nice buildings.

·
Registered
490 Posts
great pictures! I think, that Tallinn is lot comparable to Bratislava. Does the Tallin have a city architect? Because the high-rises are on one place, on the contrary of Bratislava...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts