SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
spaghetti polonaise
2,533 Posts
Wow, that is a really nice optical illusion. It looks so real that I haven't recognized it as a painting on first glance. If this is a cheap way to improve the athmosphere, then please do it with every commieblock! :eek:k:

·
Banned
1,642 Posts
Horrible it looks so kitchy that makes me :puke:
Their should make it look more modern then old. It would be better if they just demolished them instead of this :eek:hno:

·
Banned
1,876 Posts
Its not that bad, and in Berlin's case they really have nothing to loose. I honestly wish that they would start repainting commieblocks in Russia, but its a slow and lazy procress.

·
Some user
613 Posts
I don't think they look that bad. Old styles look better than "modern" ones.

This certainly looks better

than this

-Ataman

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
I don't think they look that bad. Old styles look better than "modern" ones.

This certainly looks better

than this

-Ataman
The first one would look better if it was real but like this it's horrible and I would definitely prefer the second house.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Hell, why dont they just refacade them?
They would look much better if they dident put the people on it.
If they just painted them to make them fancier, minuse the things like the flower pots, people, birds, open windows, etc, it would look nice.
But when u add people, 3D things to a picture, it looks so fake!
Egh, I am all for adding decoration through painting a building, but for the love of god, dont add people and shit.

·
zażółcona gęślą jaźń
2,042 Posts
WOW... maybe it's kitchy, but it looks very spectacular too. I want to low commieblocks in Szczecin's old town look like them...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts