SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 409 Posts

·
Praise The RoM
729 Posts
Be'er Sheva, the Negev's 'Capital' and the largest city in southern Israel, had its name given in the Bible, where it is said that Abraham dug wells in the city (Be'er), and swore his camaraderie with Elimelech, King of Plishtim (Sheva).
This shouthern metropolitan is the transportation, industry, science and cultural center of southern Israel and serves home to Israel's 4th largest university, the Ben-Gurion University, where more than 16,000 students attend. The Negev Research Center is also located within the city-limits.

During the passing decade the city has changed its skin, developed and doubled its population. The city is undergoing a construction boom for its scale, defined especially by high-rise constructions for mostly residential purposes.

·
Praise The RoM
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Azazel

I really liked how you've put the Courthouse building in 'residential'. :D
I didnt

·
Praise The RoM
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No worries ;)

·
Praise The RoM
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They pictures are on the forums photosite yes, thats why they are temporarily off :(

G

·
Benni said:
Apart from the court and maybe the government, the buildings do not really attract me!
im with benny....exept of 2 nice buildings all the others arent such of a big deal.....such as this thread that should have been removed long ago for very low raiting..

·
Registered
88 Posts
Expect Be'er Sheva to really take off sometime in 2007 when the upgrading of the existing rail line to Tel Aviv is converted to a high speed, high capacity rail line. Initailly the ride will take just under 50 minutes and a train will depart every 20-30 minutes. Also, another brand new rail line from Be'er Sheva is currently being constructed to Ashkelon via the towns of Sderot, Netivot and Ofakim (and onwards to Tel Aviv via Ashdod). Also ,the line from Be'er Sheva to Dimona is being refurbished to allow passenger service. Construction has also just commenced on a brand new central bus station right next to the central train station in Be'er Sheva.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Beer Sheva should be the second largest metropolitan area in Israel. It has plenty of room to grow, I believe. Can the average person in Beer Sheva afford to buy a detached house or do they have to live in an apartment?

1 - 20 of 409 Posts