Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Spectacular... great!!! :applause:
Well, obviously some people can't have enough of everything from Beijing, thats fine. To me, those photos looked like Bejing being frozen in the 70's. People has got to move to the 21 century to show some hope for the future.

I can see the reason why people like to say Beijing is tai(4) tu(3) qi(4), too old fashioned or gaudy, depressing and dreary-looking. I don't mean to offend anybody. The reality is it has a long way to go.

·
Geili
944 Posts
Well, obviously some people can't have enough of everything from Beijing, thats fine. To me, those photos looked like Bejing being frozen in the 70's. People has got to move to the 21 century to show some hope for the future.

I can see the reason why people like to say Beijing is tai(4) tu(3) qi(4), too old fashioned or gaudy, depressing and dreary-looking. I don't mean to offend anybody. The reality is it has a long way to go.
Excuse me, I don't mean to offend you, there must be something wrong with you. Tell me how do you like this Beijing? Don't tell me you hate those.

someone is taking pics of beijing U/C

CARLSBERG in beijing

M in beijing

skyscrapers and busy traffic

·
Registered
216 Posts
Every Chinese city has both its old and modern hand,including Shanghai,that's why it's so impactive.but U can't take foto of every corner,right?so don't judge 2 fast

·
Registered Abuser
1,489 Posts
Great work HKskyline. There is so much to Beijing it's incredible and is one of my favourite cities I have ever seen. It's a world of it's own. And it's so enormous! it feels much bigger than Cairo even though it has 4 million less people.

I know exactly where you took most if not all of your pics and could add some of my own if you will permit. Beautiful enchanting mysterious unique bustling metropolis.

BTW temple of heaven is my favourite park in the city.

·
Lonely traveler
20 Posts
I like all those pics, they are different from usual hustling and bustling city scences. That's what differentiate one city from another, this is what make a city unique to others, this is what makes me keep going back times after times.

·
My Heart is with Beijing.
1,737 Posts

I don't really get your point. This set of photos are not focused on the modern side of Beijing. Actually, Beijing's modernity is among the top in Chinese cities. It is so unique and grand. Unless you only consider the heights in your evaluation, then Beijing lose hands down because of the Capital's height restriction.

·
Registered
6 Posts
why chinese people are so eager to show their city?
It is not an eager thing involving in the show but it is common to take pictures of Beijing by every tourist. Beijing is a hot tourism spot if you know what I mean.

normally show the good side,but not the ture life
It is ordinary parts of parks and places in Beijing. If you consider them not a true life, then you'd better feel free to bring your pictures about " true life"-silly!

·
I'm a Genesis member
425 Posts
ive been to Beijing. it was very impressive. nice shots !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.