SkyscraperCity Forum banner
221 - 240 of 2159 Posts

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I think it's meant to look like it shouldn't stand up so that you can stand underneath that huge overhang and feel a little bit scared! It's certainly a building that'll make you go "WOW"!

·
My Heart is with Beijing.
1,737 Posts
^^ Because that date is the opening date of Olympics 2008.
PS: Yea I agree it is a crucial update. We finally see something rising up from that huge hole.

·
hemelschraper
2,034 Posts
This surely is one of the best towers U/C in the world. Keep posting those updates! :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
nice update. sure is wonderful to slowly see this icon rise.
1 question i wanted to ask: why is it that high rises in beijing (WTC and CCTV especially) utilize steel sections for the core portion and not like Burj Dubai or others whihc have reinforced concrete for the core? is there a particular reason for this?

·
WORLD PEACE
1,450 Posts
nice update. sure is wonderful to slowly see this icon rise.
1 question i wanted to ask: why is it that high rises in beijing (WTC and CCTV especially) utilize steel sections for the core portion and not like Burj Dubai or others whihc have reinforced concrete for the core? is there a particular reason for this?
one possible reason is earthquake.

221 - 240 of 2159 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.