Skyscraper City Forum banner
361 - 380 of 2159 Posts

·
Logarithm
836 Posts
Are the vertical stacks near the base counter weights?

Will they build temporary support struts as the towers get to their tallest point, before they join?

Are the elevators really going to be vertical? Due to the subtle diagonal slope of the towers this can be done but it would be an incredible inefficient use of the available internal space. Has anyone had access to the blueprints to confirm this?

·
Registered
248 Posts
To answer a few of the recent questions.

Will it be completed for the Olympics?

The building should appear outwardly complete in time for the olympics - i.e the superstructure should be completed if not teh internal works. Even if its not finished it should be at a fairly advanced stage in construction by then.
Will they build temporary support struts as the towers get to their tallest point, before they join?

No - the two towers will be cantilevered over without any additional supports.
Are the elevators really going to be vertical? Due to the subtle diagonal slope of the towers this can be done but it would be an incredible inefficient use of the available internal space. Has anyone had access to the blueprints to confirm this?

I believe they will be vertical - there are some pictures showing the internal layout a few pages back on this thread.
Are the vertical stacks near the base counter weights?

This is an interesting question - the 'vertical stacks' have appeared recently - the building has an absolutely ginormous foundation so I imagine it would not need counter weights - they also appear to be on the 'wrong' side for counter weights - so i would guess no they are not counter weights but I have no idea what they are.

edit: this picture shows them better - they are not counterweights but still no idea what they are http://www.skyscrapers.cn/forum/attachments/1_88tgeBOAwnvq.jpg

361 - 380 of 2159 Posts