SkyscraperCity Forum banner
581 - 600 of 2159 Posts

·
A very cool person
1,294 Posts
well CCTV is a state owned media network that just happens to be the largest in China. The president of CCTV have the same political prefix as the Minister of National Defence.

I don't think team responsible for construction is going to spend many out side of court hearings if this building truns unsatisfying.

This isn't some community center we're talking about.

·
starwar
6,147 Posts
almost 90% chinese people ask goverment stop this CCTV project, the reason is west part of chinese people still poor. this project was almost cancelled, but survived, cheers!!!!

·
Ral909
1,407 Posts
Rem Koolhaas will be the author of a 70 story tower in Mexico City, he visited Mexico a little ago and announced a project "likely to be a skyscraper" and a newspaper published the note saying a skyscraper 70 stories and 1000 ft tall will be built in the Chapultepec area, one of the densest in the city. We hope it is something as good as this. Though not 100% official, there is a 95% of probabilities... the problem is the traffic flow in the zone and that they would have to demolish an old ugly ( but highly functional ), mixed use building to build this tower, which is considered as a landmark...

·
1,082 Posts
SWFC is starting to build the hole through the building. The CCTV Building will have the largest hole of any building ever built. It's going to be exciting watching how they build the top part of the hole.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It is going to be interesting to see them finally connect the two slanting towers.
I saw on a YouTube video a couple of weeks ago that the workers will only have a couple of hours to make a bunch of important connections once they finally come together. This is one of the most risky building projects I've seen in a while

·
Logarithm
836 Posts
Hey Pronaos,

Can you explain why there will only be a couple of hours to make these connections?

Cheers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Big news! The horizontal cantilevering has started!

This is my first post on this forum- I live right next door to the CCTV/TVCC construction site, and I've been taking nearly daily shots of it for weeks now. It's already quite a challenge to keep everything updated on flickr (and fend off the occasional non-consensual borrowing of my photos), so I haven't really posted much- although I usually do post updates to skyscraperpage.com. I simply found that site before I found this one! In any case, there's some good news! The horizontal elements are starting to appear since this morning! Here's a close up of the element:

Plus an overview shot from a few moments after:

And, as per usual, many many many more images can be found here:
CCTV Building Development Construction

Please do let me know if anything in this post is incorrect or doesn't follow this site's etiquette. Apologies in advance.

In the meantime, I do hope you enjoy the images! I will definitely keep them coming.

581 - 600 of 2159 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.