SkyscraperCity Forum banner
381 - 400 of 3090 Posts

·
Banned
886 Posts
raymond_tung88 said:
Beijing is gonna blow peoples' minds in 2008! Can't wait! The amazing speed of progress and architectural attention puts Athens 2004 to shame!
There is nothing to be shamed for Athens. Greece is a nation with population of 10 millions. I would say that Athens did a great job. It will put China to shame if Beijing can not hold a Olympics game much better than Athens.

·
Banned
695 Posts
chrishung said:
Doesn't work anymore. Youtube patched up their system to prevent downloading using this kind of method.
You can find the downloaded video files in your system's temporary folder, and copy them from there. However, you need a special player to player these files. I did this to find the video files 2 months ago, I am not sure if it is still the case though coz I haven't tried since.

·
East Coast Massiv
16,660 Posts
The Cebuano Exultor said:
Truly, amazing. This wonder-architecture does not disappoint at all levels...well almost. I would've liked it to be bigger like a 200,000-250,000 all-seater stadium. The amount of steel used in this project is :eek2:. The Chinese surely know how to build the big ones. :D
Yep it is amazing, regarding the steel, China is main reason of the shortage of steel & concrete in the world, its rapid rate of construction & their willingness to pay any price for it, is just drowning supplys, but hey, at least they building attractive stuff ;)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
kelvinyang said:
There is nothing to be shamed for Athens. Greece is a nation with population of 10 millions. I would say that Athens did a great job. It will put China to shame if Beijing can not hold a Olympics game much better than Athens.
I don't thnk you understood what I was saying... The PROGRESS and ARCHITECTURE of Beijing puts Athens' progress and architecture to shame... not the country!

The construction of Athens' Olympic Village was delayed because of worker strikes. The architecture/ design of the buildings were also not as nice as Beijing's.

·
My Heart is with Beijing.
1,737 Posts
^^^ It doesn't look huge from the pictures I saw.
Seems smaller than Beijing Worker's stadium but I'm not sure :) .

·
ojjie, ojjie, ojjie!
1,046 Posts
i saw a documentary about the stadium a few months ago on the discovery channel... its amazing! so is the swimming complex!

·
South East Nine
40,761 Posts
oz.fil said:
i saw a documentary about the stadium a few months ago on the discovery channel... its amazing! so is the swimming complex!
The Aquatic Centre is fantastic... but very hard to find updates for :(

·
South East Nine
40,761 Posts
raymond_tung88 said:
I don't thnk you understood what I was saying... The PROGRESS and ARCHITECTURE of Beijing puts Athens' progress and architecture to shame... not the country!

The construction of Athens' Olympic Village was delayed because of worker strikes. The architecture/ design of the buildings were also not as nice as Beijing's.
I personally hope that London can match and top what Beijing is going to do.

381 - 400 of 3090 Posts