Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am going to Beijing in June and I was wondering what landmarks I should look out for, these are the ones I know to go see:

Great Wall
Tienanmen square
Forbidden City
Temple of Heaven
Behai Park
Olympic Stadium
New Opera house
Marco Polo Bridge

I was wondering what other gems of the Chinese capital I should go to? Thanks for your help!:)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Hello I am going to Beijing in June and I was wondering what landmarks I should look out for, these are the ones I know to go see:

Great Wall
Tienanmen square
Forbidden City
Temple of Heaven
Behai Park
Olympic Stadium
New Opera house
Marco Polo Bridge

I was wondering what other gems of the Chinese capital I should go to? Thanks for your help!:)

I think you basically covered the landmarks already.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
nicouru, maybe you can refer to the Wikipedia to see more attractions in Beijing. I think you may at least add two more, Wandfujing and some traditional Hutongs. :)

·
My Heart is with Beijing.
1,737 Posts
If you like shopping, Wangfujing and Xidan might be worth it.
If you like bars, Houhai (Shichahai) and Sanlitun are awesome.
Why are you interested in that Bridge? I mean it is worth it for Chinese since that represents a special history but for you I doubt you will think the same. It is a little bit far from the city itself. If you also want to visit the museum associated with it, it needs at least a day.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
shopping in beijing is not that exceptional, you should add:

-summer palace: best royal garden, you can cut Beihai Park, but if you are short on time visit Beihai Park instead.

-Beijing Zoo and the attached Beijing Aquarium: Pandas, Yeah!

-Yongehe Gong (Lama temple): one of few Tibetan Buddhist temples outiside Tibet.

·
My Heart is with Beijing.
1,737 Posts
^^ I heard some people say it is under renovation?
But anyhow you should avoid Tuesday since it is closed on Tuesday routinely. But that was in 2004 when I was with some visiting foreign professors so it might have already changed though.

·
Registered
25,151 Posts
Hmmm, I hope I have enough time to see all Beijing must-see places in 6 days this august :D

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
summer palace, you take one of the buses, or take a taxi, it will not cost too much, dont go during rush hour though, there will be traffic jams, summer palace is not that far.
for great wall, you need to take a coach or train. hold on a sec let's see if i can dig up more info.
where is ur hotel gonna be at?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts