SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in August 2012 I started my backpacking adventure travelling around China and as one could easily guess - the capital city of Beijing was one of my first major stops!

Without elaborating too much in the introduction - here are some of the pics I took while visiting this literally breathtaking city (all that smog...:nuts:)

I'll structure them according to the four main themes:

The Peaceful City
The Old City
The Forbidden City
The Olympic City

Hope you'll enjoy them!:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BEIJING - THE PEACEFUL CITY

The Temple of Heaven Park. Famous for its main UNESCO listed structure - The Temple of Heaven. Despite its unquestionable grandeur and historical value, I'd argue that the temple is not the best reason to visit the park grounds. The real treat is to lazily stroll around in this delightful green scenery and enjoy the locals engaged in various activities...

1)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jingshan and Beihai parks, located North and West from the Forbidden City - the other two delightful representatives of Beijing's green areas.

8)

·
Registered
76 Posts
i actually want to see temple of heaven and finds it fascinating aside from the great wall more than tiananmen because of its shape and style. i also see the photo of it in a can of TAU-SI ( black peas). lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you for the warm comments!

Summer Palace once used to be a summer retreat for the Emperor's wife. Nowadays it provides a retreat for Beijingers wishing to escape the concrete desert of central Beijing. However, escaping the crowds of tourists poses another challenge...

11)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts