SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
25,173 Posts

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,261 Posts
i saw models of this tower before, but for another plot (for CITIC Plaza, the tallest proposed tower in beijing).

your post

so was that design already planned, but we never really realized that this was another serious project?

-----

i loved the renders a lot, but didn't want them for the tallest plot, but i think they will look amazing :)

·
The Explorer
5,130 Posts
Where are the other proposals? :nuts:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Update ?

Are there some news about its statu ? still proposal ? or App ?

Definitly an amazing building, really looking foward it start over ;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
BEIJING|GATE OF RAINBOW|315m|1033ft|Prep

http://news.ifeng.com/gundong/detail_2013_01/08/20962318_0.shtml
http://www.beijingupdates.com/forum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=154136&extra=page=1
北京通州“彩虹之门”开建
2013-01-21 12:49:38 来源:中华建筑报 作者:柳杰 发表评论
简介:近日,北京通州新城核心区将全面进入建设阶段。

北京通州“彩虹之门”
  近日,北京通州新城核心区将全面进入建设阶段。

其中,作为通州新城标志性建筑的彩虹之门,南、西、北三面临水,占地4.7公顷,总建筑规模约76万平方米,建筑高度为315米,采用双拱形建筑结构,是集旅游观光、酒店、公寓、办公、商业为一体的大型城市综合体。
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A brief translation above:
The gate of rainbow, the landmark building of Beijing's Tongzhou new town, will begin its construction soon. The overall building area will approximately be 760000 Square meter and its height would be 315m. The building takes the shape of a double parabola and will be used as a grand city complex which includes being a hotel, apartment, department store and office building.

·
faster than buildings
10,325 Posts
I don't know if I really like these ( the cladding is great though ) but if build it will indeed be interesting to watch.

·
Live from the sky!
3,179 Posts
You may like it or not. But it's positively surprising to see that the idea of a 'skyscraper' as a heigh slim building with a pointy top is slowly changing. The CCTV building is also a great example of this of course. We can clearly see now that technology is getting better and better and weirder shapes become possible

1 - 20 of 32 Posts