SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,493 Posts
:drool: out of nowhere, Beijing shapes up to be among the top!

Reactions: Zaz965

·
Registered
202 Posts
Personally I think these tall towers are ruining a classical Beijing skyline, like those in London. A capital city to me should be dominated by grand, majestic government buildings, cultural centres, places of worship and monuments, and not overshadowed by soulless skyscrapers. Paris and Moscow got it right though with the tall clusters away from its cultural centre.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,493 Posts
Personally I think these tall towers are ruining a classical Beijing skyline, like those in London. A capital city to me should be dominated by grand, majestic government buildings, cultural centres, places of worship and monuments, and not overshadowed by soulless skyscrapers. Paris and Moscow got it right though with the tall clusters away from its cultural centre.
while I do not agree and love historical and modern glass skyscrapers directly next to each other, i really can't see your point on Beijing. The historic places like the forbidden city are quite a lot away from the CBD.

·
Registered
214 Posts
This isn't particularly close to the Forbidden City even if it looks that way on a map. It's 3 miles or 5 kilometers.

·
Registered
545 Posts
This thing looks like a shiny blue turd on an awfully bloated scale. That horrible suburbia-esque base makes it even more terrible. Its too bad that the appearance of a nice city like Beijing has to be damaged by such terrible "architecture".

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This thing looks like a shiny blue turd on an awfully bloated scale. That horrible suburbia-esque base makes it even more terrible. Its too bad that the appearance of a nice city like Beijing has to be damaged by such terrible "architecture".
Don't lie. You know if this was built in Chicago you'd crap yourself..

·
A One and a Two
20,740 Posts
^^

The big boss of the developer Anbang Group, Wu Xiaohui (吴小晖), former husband of one of Deng Xiaoping's granddaughters, got himself into a big trouble and was arrested and sentenced to prison a few years ago. The Anbang Group since had been restructured.
I heard the plot has changed hands from Anbang to Sino-Ocean Group lately, and the new developer promised they will restart the project as they see fit.

Here's the related Chinese news links:
远洋剥离邦邦置业 安邦地产正式“byebye”_集团

1 - 20 of 20 Posts