After

Before

After

Before

After

·
Prince of Persia
1,928 Posts
ow my god how good! Is this all done by Hariri?

·
Registered
644 Posts
shayan said:
Is this all done by Hariri?
Actually yes!

In 1994, Hariri decided to found a company along with other entrepreneurs. This company was called SOLIDERE (Societe Libanaise pour le Developement et Reconstruction de centre ville de Beyrouth) or in English, The Lebanese Company for the Development and Reconstruction of Beirut Central District. This company put a masterplan and was in charge of rehabilitation in the downtown area.

Hariri owned the largest share in SOLIDERE.
Currently, SOLIDERE is $2 billion firm.

·
Registered
245 Posts
nadini these are beautifull photos!!! where did you find these photos? is there a website with more like these?
i think this is my favorite thread!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Nadini, thank you for this highly informative and astonishing thread. It's really awesome the huge development that has been done in Lebanon in such a relatively short time. That shows how much Lebanon is actually capable of doing. Keep up the good work guys, after the Syrian withdrawal from Lebanon and if things go on as the pics on this thread indcate, I can only think of a great future for your country.

·
Support The Environment
1,122 Posts
virtual said:
Are there parts of the city where the mayhem caused by war is still visible?
Yes. The Holiday Inn is an example. You can see it in some of the threads. It reminds people of what terrible damages the war can do.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hehe wow, never knew I would get such fast reply's :) Tnxs for all the comments. I'll try to find some more, I have more of martyr square i'll post them later. And guys should I put this in the international forum?? Your call

1 - 20 of 42 Posts