SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Eros
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This village has retained its traditional crafts of pottery and bell making into the modern age. The only bell foundry in Lebanon, the craftsmen here cast the half-ton bronze bells in a single mold. The bells are usually made for Lebanon's Christian churches, who order them to a specific pitch.

Pottery workshops, which are open only during the summer months, turn out a selection of pottery ware including the huge storage jars that are traditionally used for olive oil, preserved meat or arak.

Beit Chabab is an interesting village with many traditional houses and churches, the oldest of which is the Saydet el Ghabeh (Our Lady of the Forest), which dates to 1761.

·
Eros
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
its name is of a Syriac origin;”Beit Chababco” meaning the neighbor’s or neighbor’s house

·
Eros
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
u R welcome, it's a nice village with beautiful views on mount Sannine, that has kept its traditional "cachet"...

·
Registered
575 Posts
wow that is gorgeous!!! how big is it relatively? (ppl, hospitals, schools, etc) do u still live there when ur in leb?

·
Eros
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
~20 kms from Beirut, there's 1 hospital, 3 schools, ~7000 Chbebiyeh :p
this is my hometown

·
Eros
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice view of Beit Chabeb, thanks alot :)

·
Banned
264 Posts

:drool: so beautiful!! I love these kinds of villages! I can really see the relation to the alps, the land does look like Germany :eek:kay:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts