• 3 or less

Votes: 5 3.8%
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
/lixa
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Belém-Pará-Amazon-Brazil​

Hi! Some pictures of Belém, well known as mango tree city or Amazon metropolis. Most of them were taken from the internet :cheers:

I hope you like

Belém is a city on the banks of the Amazon estuary, in the north part of Brazil. It is the capital of the state of Pará. It is the entrance gate to the Amazon with a busy port, airport and coach station. Belém lies about 100 km upriver from the Atlantic Ocean. The river is the Pará, part of the greater Amazon River system, separated from the larger part of the Amazon delta by Ilha de Marajó (Marajo Island).

Founded in 1616, Belém was the first European colony on the Amazon but did not become part of the Brazilian nation until 1775. Its metropolitan area has approximately 2.09 million inhabitants. It is also known as Metropolis of the Brazilian Amazon region or Cidade das Mangueiras (city of mango trees) due to the number of those trees found in the city. The newer part of the city has modern buildings and skyscrapers.

The colonial portion retains the charm of tree-filled Squares, churches and traditional blue tiles. Belém is served by the Val de Cães International Airport (BEL) that connects the city to the rest of the country and other cities in South America. Brazilians often refer to the city as Belém do Pará ("Belém of Pará") rather than just Belém so as to differentiate it from the biblical Bethlehem in the West Bank (Palestinian territories).

The city has a rich history and architecture from colonial times. Recently it witnessed a skyscraper boom.

The falowing pics are not of Skyline., but I hope you enjoy it :D

Theatro da Paz - Taken By Jota. B

The same - Taken by Savio

Inside it - Taken by Rafael Rente

Mangal das Garças - Mine

Mangal das Garças - Mine

Presidente Vargas Avenue, during the Círio of Nazaré, the greatest religious party of Latin America, with 2,000,000 people.

Nazaré's church - Mine

Inside - Mine

Mango trees

Mine

·
Banned
76 Posts
Merece 10!!! :eek:kay:

O skyline de Belém é perfeito, só precisa de mais empresariais. ;)

·
Banned
34,934 Posts
8/10

1 - 20 of 135 Posts